Sign in to follow this  
digi01

C1

Beautiful wub.gif Very nice silver amp yes.gif But I prefer not to use plastick knob. Why not aluminium knob? It would match the box nicely wink.gif

digi01 is busy with his work, let me intro this amp... cool.gif

hmm....hmmm...

The amp is based on "opamp + transistor" design and it is AC powered.

Circuit design by digi01.

All materials used are almost the best, and well mix and match by the experience DIYer to achieve the best sound at reasonable price.

First of all, let me intro the "heart" of the amp, the famous OPA637 which receive rave reviews from headwize.com, smooth and silky sound as said.

The transistors used in the output stage are 2 pairs of well match and rare transistors, A1007/C2800, working in AB mode.

The input reisistors are Holcos, signal path using Philips percision resistors, output stage using CGW resistors. Whilst, the power supply using China made audio grade resistors. A blend of different resistors, instead of using only one type.

Now, Caps story.

A lot of different type of caps being used, even I got confused when digi01 send me a the part list. At the input stage, there is complicated RC filter invovle for bass boost; there are ERO (German made) 0.47uf caps, WIMA 1uF/63V and Silver Mica Caps.Interestingly, digi01 includes 2 very good Elan BP 200uf non-polar caps at the output stage.

At the Power Supply, you can find 4 Elna Cerafine 100uf/63V caps, and a few huge Nippon Caps. The tranny is a China made PCB mount transformer.

Thanks a lot.. That's all I know... pls fogive me if there's grammar mistake.

Edited by huangyong

digi01, for your next project, I would love to see some shots of your soldering work before you fix you circuit boards onto the enclosures. What do you use to decouple the base of the board from the metal enclosure?

The input reisistors are Holcos

I'm pretty sure those are Holco precision resistors. ie. They're not the older, better NOS but just your normal resistors with magnetic end-caps.

Nevertheless. the amps look impressive. Any thought of releasing the amp design for those interested would-be DIYer.