Sign in to follow this  
bzy83

how is E-MU0404

how is E-MU0404 compared with E-MU1212M? if just for listening to music through unbalanced out put?

does 1212m worth the S$180 more than 0404?

and how does the Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe in classifieds for S$250 compaired with the 2 above?

which one should i pick? blink.gif

Just install the EMU 0404... WOW... pair it with Supermini and grado... The fast attacking sound of the DAC really make the Grado shines... Mp3 never sound so sweet so fun so energetic ... been tapping my foots while listening to mp3 until it abit swollen wacko.gif Haven try CD yet.. ...Listening with the ETY ER4S is not so good cause it is very very revealing... unsure.gif

The fast attacking sound of the DAC really make the Grado shines... Mp3 never sound so sweet so fun so energetic ...

Why does it seem that your jargons used are steered towards the gradocabulary? biggrin.gif Whenever I see the words "fast attacking...." there's no doubt. Grados! hahaha...

I'm also thinking of changing my soundcard. Now currently using a lame SB Digital Live. Not sure if the E-mu 0404 worth the money. Pls give me more comments on your impressions? I'm always worried that I'll somewhat still pickup the static sounds of the pc, especially with creative cards.

Go and get the card.. definately worth it.. u can read the reviews from hi-fi. I have lots of PCI devices in my PC i didn't hear any static at all. I even have the A2 in my system and they can coexist w/o any problem. My wife can look at TV programs (tv card on A2 to my 5.1 speakers) while i listen to mp3 using foobar kernal streaming with my ER4S.

Wow. Sounds interesting. Perhaps all the cards i got before was crap. yucky.gif I didn't know you can use two soundcards on a system. YOU AUDIOFREAK!!! w00t.gif hahaha...

Now i am using my A2 ZS for games and movie.. EMU 0404 for music... For Winamp and foobar u can set it to use which sound card.. biggrin.gif . Have listen to M-audio Rev before too.. the EMU 0404 definatly beat it flat down

don't know about 0404, but my 1212M to PPA to HD650 system sound like dead fish (flat, liveless and no energy).

The system when using Nomad Jukebox3 's lineout as source was so much better, they are just uncomparable.

And I'm not the only one that think this way, my mother shared the same opinion withou any hint.

What is the player u are using to playback the music?

Foobar2000

just hookup my EMU0404 to benchmark DAC1..awesome is the word.. laugh.gif

Hmmm,can 0404 be actually a dedicated DAC? Using a bit-perfect transport like Panasonic S47 24/192 DVD player?

Hmmm,can 0404 be actually a dedicated DAC? Using a bit-perfect transport like Panasonic S47 24/192 DVD player?

If I'm not mistaken, the answer is yes.

Foobar2000

How much u bought for your Benchmark DAC1?

Foobar2000

How much u bought for your Benchmark DAC1?

$1.8k from Aural designs in adelphi