Huma Dragonbane

Have problem with marantz cd player

I bought a brand new marantz cd 5400 a while back. Still within warranty period. Unfornately (or should I say fornately for me) I couldn't really tell the difference between this player and those slightly above it in terms of price. So I got the cd5400 and bought a couple of cds with the rest of the money instead. Anyways I hardly play it more than slightly over an hour. However during this time, there will be a slight pause and the the display (remaining time) would disappear during that slight pause. The pause lasts for about a second. What could be the problem? Could it be because of heat buildup? Or cause it's still very new? Should I bring it in for repairs? And how long would it take? Thanks. Other than the above stated problem, i've no idea problems.

i think you should read the instruction booklet that is provided first. maybe when in pause mode the LCD switches itself off .. as Marantz CD5400 can switch off the LCD when ever the user like. wacko.gif

If anything wrong you can bring down the player to the shop you buy and have a check ! happy.gif

i think you should read the instruction booklet that is provided first. maybe when in pause mode the LCD switches itself off .. as Marantz CD5400 can switch off the LCD when ever the user like.  wacko.gif

If anything wrong you can bring down the player to the shop you buy and have a check ! happy.gif

No it's just the time remaining that suddenly dissappears for that slight pause. plus even though the cd is free of any blemishes it will still have that pause within an hour of playing...i could still bring it down to the shop i bought it from to have it checked?

Btw the slight pause was not me pressing pause or anything like that, it happened.

Edited by Huma Dragonbane

i think you should read the instruction booklet that is provided first. maybe when in pause mode the LCD switches itself off .. as Marantz CD5400 can switch off the LCD when ever the user like.  wacko.gif

No it's just the time remaining that suddenly dissappears for that slight pause. plus even though the cd is free of any blemishes it will still have that pause within an hour of playing...i could still bring it down to the shop i bought it from to have it checked?

Btw the slight pause was not me pressing pause or anything like that, it happened.

i think you better send down for the repair before your warranty is over !! better play safe and ya know what the problem

But i think is not b'cos the CDP get too hot that the reason

maybe some other factors are affecting it !! so better be careful of the surrounding !! of your CDP rolleyes.gifcool.gif

Let me get the story right............are U saying that the pause occurred somewhere through a cd and at certain time within an hour of playback and this pause will deactivate on its own? I call this skipping. The blanked out display will remain so unless U press <DISPLAY ON-OFF> to refresh the screen panel? I would suspect the transport/pickup section initially but the screen problem that comes with this pause suggests a possible problem with the microchip too. Looks like U may need to send it to agent for repairs. Before U do, give them a call and speak to their technical guy if there really is a problem with your cdp.

Edited by Mackie

DAMN IT! AFTER SENDING FOR REPAIRS IT STILL HAS THE SAME PROBLEM. DON'T THEY DO THEIR JOBS? GAWD! It's still very new (my grandma got it for me less than a month ago) and already so much problems? Plus it''s quite a hassle for me to send my cd player there since i'm a student. I've to drag it on the bus, then the mrt, then the bus and then walk to the damn place. Plus I've to live without my music for days again. Is there any way I could still get a replacement?

Where you brought the marantz player from ???

IF it from the shop that you send to repaired ( same shop )

you might want to give them a call and advise you futher ?? or you can raised that the same problem had arise and ask them whether exchange for a new set izzit possible ! cos it keep breaking down on the same problem !

By the way how many months had you just got the player ?? happy.gif

Got it for less than a month. It was giving the same problems on the second day of purchase. (Like I explained before, I was too busy and had no one who could help me change it within the first week) I got it at kec. I didn't send it to the shop, I sent it to the distributer. Cause the shop told me to send it there.

Got it for less than a month. It was giving the same problems on the second day of purchase. (Like I explained before, I was too busy and had no one who could help me change it within the first week) I got it at kec. I didn't send it to the shop, I sent it to the distributer. Cause the shop told me to send it there.

Well just call them up and see what are the options given to you ??

anyway how long after the repaired this problem occur again ?? wink.gif

but well if the same problems still occurs then i guess if you can talk to them nicely about the situation they might consider changing a new set for you !!

because is their fault that the repair job is not done properly! mad.gif and it happend on the second day of your purchase !

Edited by N3w_Typ3

couldn't you test the player after they have repaired if for you?

This is to make sure everything works perfectly fine before you bring them back. Any problem , ask them to fix for you again.

Yeah but the thing is, the problem occurs at random. Sometimes it'll happen within an hour, sometimes after an hour then it'll happen....they're supposed to have fixed it, I don't have the time to sit there and listen to music for two hours. Sigh...this is so frustrating, first time I got a branded cd player and I already get crap like this.

Perhaps you should demand that they replace it with a new unit. It could have some fault that their techs are unable to trace.

This reminds me of a computer I used to own. It kept breaking down during the first 3 months despite repeated repairs. I wanted a new replacement but they wanted to repair it. A very strongly worded letter (properly typewritten and sent via registered mail, I faxed over another copy for good measure) to their management took care of the problem and I got a new unit which worked fine for the next 3 years. Sometimes you just have to crack the whip to get things done. wink.gif