Huma Dragonbane

Have problem with marantz cd player

I believe Wo Kee Hong offers a one month guarantee of their repair works and I suggest U'd better call and return the unit to them for more extensive repairs asap. I doubt they would replace a new unit but U can push your luck.

It must be one of your unlucky day tohave a brand new marantz giving you problems.

I used to have a marantz cdp back in 1990. i use it,if i am not mistaken for about 7 or 8 years.and most of the time i just leave it switch 'on' 24 hours a day.When i got my new cdp leave it for about a year in storage then i trade-in with a friend. It must be a good bargain. Up tonow the cdp still working.

The unit is almost 15 years now!!!!!....

Unfortunately i can't recalled the model.I bought it in u.k last time. It is a bulky cdp and quite heavy.

Your friend here is still reaping the benefits of that Marantz yeah.gif . The player in question is a Marantz CD-80. It got a new breath of life in 1994(?) when used as a transport only & an external DAC added.

Paragon of reliability, guess they don't make em like they used to

user posted image

Edited by N@Z

Hey guys. I've an update on my situation. I'm soooo "OVERJOYED"! YAYS! I sent my cd player back for the second time and just got it back today. STILL HAS THE PROBLEM ON TOP OF HAVING SCRATCHES ON IT! Plus they're asking me to bring it back to repair agian. "CAN'T WAIT!!! " GAWD! I just love carrying it to the bus stop, carry it on the bus, carry it to the mrt, carry it to the bus stop, carry it on the bus and then carrying it to the repair centre. wooohooo, if that's not fun, what is? dry.gif

Why didn't you ask them whether you can leave it there at the shop to avoid having to bring it back & forth? Also, why did they ask you to come back?

Why didn't you ask them whether you can leave it there at the shop to avoid having to bring it back & forth? Also, why did they ask you to come back?

I can't leave it there since they said they've repaired it. They're asking me to bring it back to check and repair again for the 3 rd time in less than 1 1/2 months.

Dearie me, it does appear they have no idea what they are doing & are just using trial & error. Is it possible the next time you collect it you try it out extensively before acceptance?

Wha .... you are really unlucky .... maybe .... you should send a letter to the marantz ... company instead ! laugh.gif

The thing is, the problem is really random. It happened to me within a two mins of playing it today..or it could take as long as 3 hours. They should have repiared the problem, I don't have to wait there for hours and try it out.

man..... i really pity you.......how can you tolerate this..... i know i can't....

Suggestion by N3w is worthy of consideration. You can mention my use to be marantz cdp which is now almost 15 years and still working perfectly.

Your problem will reflect their image and they should take it seriously..... that is if they care enough about their image.

If letter is troublesome, send an email.

ya i can't remember where i heard it, from but if the problems keep on happening and the retailer DON'T want to change a new CDP for you .... you can send a mail or email to the main Marantz company to lodge a complain ... as it was manufacturing fault in the very first place ! It was your right to do that now but if you drage the time more porblem will arise !! w00t.gif

If you keep having problem then ! those cd shops would have more problems .... they use the same model player as yours and switch on everyday and allows other people to use them ! hammer.gif

so i suggest you act as soon as possible ! headphone.gif

Then you enjoy more happy.gif !! don't keep making those wasted trips !! mad.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3

If you do write to them, make sure you mention the repeated trips you've made specifically stating the dates so that you can quantify the cost to you in terms of the trips made & the time you wasted. Not to mention the stress & grief to you, from a product that is expected to perform with utmost reliability irrespective that that particular unit is considered as a budget CDP.

Hey guys another update. The lastest repair was the replacement of the cd lens. Anyways I just discovered that the cd player will have this other random effect. After I press play and press skip to the desired track, it'll make some noises before resetting itself and going back to when the cd stopped. Then I'll have to repeat the whole process before I can finally play my song. This is perfect, I send my cd back two times to have it scratched and get it in worse condition and not have it repaired. B-E-A-UTIFUL. hahaha...can't wait for monday morning. By the way, thanks a mill for all the tips so far guys. Really appreciate it. smile.gif