Huma Dragonbane

Have problem with marantz cd player

Defective? how can that be?! NAWWWW! I already sent it for repair twice! and both times the technician said it was working all right, wasn't spoilt in the first place!

Sorry, I can't help be sarcastsic, I'm so frustrated..haiz....

are the effects reproduceable in front of the technician when u brought it in for repairs?

Defective? how can that be?! NAWWWW! I already sent it for repair twice! and both times the technician said it was working all right, wasn't spoilt in the first place!

Sorry, I can't help be sarcastsic, I'm so frustrated..haiz....

So did you manage to solve the problem with the lens changes?

Thanks!!

Actually, I think the new Marantz player transport mechanism are not very good. That's why you have such problems. My ex Marantz CD17MKIII also have the same problem as you but only on a few CDs, especially on copied CDRs/CDs. Having owned the CD72SE, CD85, I would said the older players are more reliable, with the exception of CD63 though

good news for you ... heHEe Enjoy !! take care! happy.gif

GREAT! Not regretting my decision to get this player, although I'd be lying if I said if I had the dough I wouldn't have gone for the rotel setup. Personally I could barely tell the difference and there was no way in hell I'm gonna fork out another $250 when the difference I could hear was minimal. Anyways just played my first copied cd on it. Wanted to listen to how an mp3 encoded at 128kbps (obviously burned as a music cd but the source was the 128kbps mp3) sounded against a cd. Damn the sound sounded horrible. hahaha..I'm not saying I've the best setup in the world but it's pretty decent I would say. At least I could hear the glaring differences.

Using belden cables, antique sound labs mghead with new stock tubes, philips hp 890 and of course the marantz cd5400.

I spoke too soon. This morning the same problem popped up again. Anyways my new player has alot of scratches although barely visible. sigh....probably gonna call them up on monday to complain. Not gonna send for repair, the incompetent technician will go on saying the problem never happens. I guess it's a model fault? Anyone else has the same player and same problem too?

Oh well at least this time around it happened after a hell lot of playing. Unlike last time, I could even have the same problem happen twice in one sitting. Now that was really irritating.

Edited by Huma Dragonbane

It looks like there's some design flaw with this particular model or the build quality is lacking. I'm quite sure Marantz cut a lot of corners to sell this particular player at its current price point. Most times you do get what you pay for sleep.gif Perhaps you could try for a refund or top up for a different player from the shop? Anyway, nobody should ever have to go through your experience with this player. I'd have gone ballistic myself.

Edited by av98m

I suggest that you look for other players instead. After what happened, I am quite sure you wouldn't want to have your 3rd try on this model anymore.. I know I wouldn't

So what do you guys suggest I do? I'm quite clueless. Call them up, tell them about the problem and request for a change of model? Don't think they'd do that right? Not after they've just changed my set?