Huma Dragonbane

Have problem with marantz cd player

I was playing the same track for like the 4th time before the problem happened again. Is it remotely possible it's my disc that's giving problem? And if it is giving problem why does it not happen every single time?

I don't reckon it's a design flaw with CD5400 as most have used and modded it successfully in other forums such as echoloft. At first, I would presume the set U bought is defective but now that U've gotten an exchange and yet the same problems appear, I reckon U need to trace back to the source ie, cds.

Are U playing copied or bought-off-the-shelf cds? Manufacturing defects on commercial cds are prevalent (I've experienced it twice - Bebel Gilberto and Sandy Lam) and mis-reads and mis-tracks do not occur every single time unless there's a deep cut on the surface. Another recent case was a mis-track at certain playing time but I gave it a good wash and the problem disappeared. Try this, wet the cd under running tap water and then spray kiwi-clean floor (the blue liquid for cleaning of glass), give it a through run through and wash it under running water again. Try the cd if the same problem emerges.

Edited by Mackie