Sign in to follow this  
vii_haven

Shure E3c's silicon earbuds..

1. how do the e3's silicon earbuds (the black ones that come default with it) compare against the foamies?

2. do they isolate enough for you to hear clearly without ambient noise?

are they comfortable?

3. can they fit the E1?

4. where can i get them and how much? =)

It seems I read on head-fi that they isolate the least among all the sleeves.

And yes, they fit the e1.

Personally of all the sleeves i tried for e1, the soft flex sleeve aside, I found the foamies and tri flange each are good in their own ways. The tri flange however is very troublesome for me to insert. IMO, the tri flange presented most ambience and details while the foamies gave very airy vocals whichs the tri flange lacks in.

1. Foamies isolate more noise, fit the best, but tend to absorb some of the sound (do you guys feel this too?). The soft flex sleeves lose some of the bass of the E3, but they don't have that much bass anyway tongue.gif They are also more comfortable and convenient than the foamies. And reusable too.

2. Yes, they isolate just about enough. More would have been better, though.

3. Yes, all E1/E3/E5 sleeves are interchangeable.

4. Wailian, Hung Bros??

If you find the foamies troublesome, (which i find so convenient), I think flex sleeve is a better choice (compared to the grey soft flex).

i tried using the transparent silicon sleeves that came originally with the e1 package but they kinda hurt my ear after a long while. that's why i'm like checking out the black soft flex sleeves before i buy them..=) anyone has like extras to sell?