red_ryder

Question about IPOD before I go buy one

On Apple's website it states that IPOD requires either Firewire or a USB 2.0 connection. Has anyone used it on a USB 1.1 port? My old PC doesn't have USB 2.0 or firewire.

Guest drumma

no problems with it. i'm using it with usb 1.1 works well.. this is my experience.

5GB of songs takes roughly 2 hours.. u go work out the timing and file transfers.. laugh.gif hope it helps.

Franky speaking, think it's better to get a USB2.0/FireWire PCI card as it's only around 10 mins for 5GB of songs using FireWire. You save more time in this way.

Yupz... kinda agree on getting a USB 2.0 port!!! ipod is so slow with USB 1.1 port on my com!! =p

neway, it does work perfectly well on a USB 1.1 port... just tt it will be slower to accomodate the USB 1.1 port

so deciding on buying ipod?! ... hope u can spare bout 30 bucks to buy an USB 2.0 card ... it is realli worth it... party.gifparty.gif USB 2.0 PCL card bout 24 dollars... not exactly sure bout the price though...

Edited by Slumber

blink.gif for NTU students!!! i am too young =p anyway, i heard that it doesn't come with the assessories such as the firewire n stuff... am i rite?

Guest drumma

pls read carefully.. yes, it does come with what is supposed to be inside.. firewire, usb, charger, earphones, manual and ipod. i think u are getting the 40gb, it comes with a dock.

oh, saw ur email add.. lol, get a brother or somebody to enjoy the discount! laugh.gif