Sign in to follow this  
clemo

DIY session

Q00, I'd have to say, that actually, IMO, DIY electrical components circuit and cable termination are quite a different thing altogether. The skills required are also somewhat different.

Guest drumma

aiyoh. see got any gurus willing to set up a class for newbies first.. i will attend de!! laugh.gif like no gurus free lei..

lekguan, i suppose so that it is slightly different yeah but it would be nice to see these guys pick it up nonetheless, afterall, they would need interconnects/cables after they build their amps smile.gif

haha... if you guys are really serious. i really might to it. maby a class of 3-5. i`ll get all the components, and we will see how far we get in 1 afternoon.

Have you actually ever built a working meta42/pimeta headphone amp? (someone had to ask this question)

yes i have. i have built many other amps and preamps too, i`m actually more tuned towards tubes.

That's great. I used to hear horror stories about people who fried their precious headphones because of plugging them into poorly built diy amps. In some cases the amps themselves went kaput because of some mistake made during the building process. When testing newly built amps please use freebie stock earbuds. tongue.gif

Edited by av98m

When testing newly built amps please use freebie stock earbuds.

Exactly right! Before that, measure the offset voltage first tongue.gif

First week of December sounds good happy.gif But cannot confirm at the moment.

How about place? Need desk and electricity wink.gif

Old Cmoy building thread

Interesting reading for those new to this forum and wish to build cmoys or any other diyed amps. Its a lot harder than it seems! tongue.gif (take note of how many people started building and how many finally succeeded)

tongue.gif that was the first DIY session / mini-meet

total number of people who attended : 3

number of amps on display : 1

type of amp : PPA

lol.gif

i must agree. it was terribly hard to get my first amp working. really really hard. i had do rebuild it many many times. it was mainly because of poor soldering and bad parts placement.

aaa, your PPA is on Tangent's board? Would love to listen to it. Hmmm....

Guest drumma

pardon me for being impatient..

just want to know if the meeting/course/whatever u call it to teach newbies on building DIY, can it sooner? hee, can't wait to try building one lei.. but then again, if the gurus here not free, i can wait de.

those organising are aaa and hacknet ar? laugh.gif