N@Z

Tenacious D

Has anyone heard of them before? Comprises of two acoustic guitar weilding guys. Vaguely familliar comedians I think. You may have heard their song "Wonderboy" on the radio or TV.

Anyway, the self entitled CD is not new, released last year. I just heard it yesterday loaned from a friend. Music is predominantly vintage rock with overtones from Rainbow, Led Zeppelin & the like. What makes it interesting is the way they recorded it, somewhat reminicent of Beavis & Butthead commentary inbetween songs albeit less 'dumb factor' but alot of profanity! In both commentary & explicit lyrics!

If you like a bit of kick ass rock with tongue in cheek humour try it out. The music is very well done & is a refreshing change from the usual chart stuff.

I heard the 'tenacious D' somewhere...

ah.. couldn't remember..

anyway, thanks for the recommendation! happy.gif

Just don't flame me if you don't like it! party.gif

Never figured you to be into this sort of stuff but maybe the music though.

Aha! Totally forgot about the CD and youz was lucky it was lying around when you came over......

Nephew's been to the house and half the time my CD's never get it back. tongue.gif

Glad you liked it, I'll work on getting you a copy and some.......

Edited by matbon0013

If you guys see it there grab a spare copy for the meet!

Just wondering, did anyone manage to find one in Spore? I you bought it & didn't like it sell it to me yeah.gif

OK I'm officially tired of this CD. I have been listening to it for nearly one month & nearly every single day. I know the commentary word for word its sickening!