Sign in to follow this  
wil

Recommend a good earbud?

Hi all,

Currently im serving my NS liability, and due to the nature of my work ( training spec thingy ) i get to sit in a office.

At times, i wish i was able to listen to my music, but due to the nature of my portable earbuds/headphones (E2cs - Cant hear incoming calls and cant hear my boss shout at me ( again ), and PX200s -i'll just look so funny.... )

I was thinking of a good earbud that allows in some sound and offer super sound at the same time...

( i heard audio-technica has some good ones..but rather expensive, no?)

Thanks for your time anyway...

Maybe you can tell us your budget?

These are some of the most often recommended ones:

Sennheiser mx500 - cheap and good. Most value for money earbud. $33.90 (hung bros)

Sony mdr-e888 - not exactly cheap, but the detail retrieval is superb for earbud. Refined and smooth, but a tad weak in bass. Around $70+ from most Sony stores

If you're more into rock and stuffs I think sennheiser mx500 is much better. Not much experience with the higher end Audio-technica earbuds though so I can't comment on them..

Ops....so sorry...

I used the MX500 for a year and i kinda got tired of its sound....

Im willing to pay up to $100 or a little more....

Btw, bloated bass is not really my cup of tea, i guess clear mids are more impt to me...

e888 is really good, had one pair b4, its the most detailed earphones i ever heard, dun get the bang and olufsen a8, its sounds exactly the same as the sony e888. and its like 200 bucks

hm...ok thx all....using my Mx500s in office now...they sound kinda thin....hahha

hahahaha all along i thought my e888 was dead after being abused by my brother, then after lookin at this thread i went to dig out the earphones, cleaned the gold plug which has already faded to dirty silver, plugged it into my mp3 player and i was totally shocked when i found the sound to be totally okay, the previous time i heard it it has clippings and slight distortions, reli amazing the sound as expected kicks mx500's ass, and jus now i thought to myself, since its already in such a beat up condition, mite as well see how i can mod this sh*t, i took off the rubber cap, took out the black colour plastic 'protector' shielding the driver, and there was this yellow paper cover "if i remeber correctly it was white when brand new", i had an itchy hand i went to tear it out, its like a sticker, quite easy to tear, den to prevent dust from going in, i covered it with stockings before capping it on, den the earphone cushion i cut a hole in the middle jus like the ksc 35, and the sound stage improved alot plus brighter, originally it was a pretty dark/warm sounding earphones, now its clearer and brighter, haha sometimes itchy hands do help

I use em7s for the office..., these are pretty open and allow to to hear and converse with people without having to hit the pause button.

post-8-1099652932.jpg

Edited by av98m

Well actually I use this setup in the office as well. tongue.gif Usually if I'm working late.

post-8-1099652991.jpg

Edited by av98m

Wow, the EM7s are real classy aint they!

May i know how they sound compared to my MX500s? and perhaps the cost ( have a hunch its not cheap....lol )

thx!

Hm....the E888s seem very tempting too...thx papaya and av98m..

I've never had mx500s, so cannot comment. the em7s cost me about $70 or $80, cannot remember. Yes, I was seduced by its good looks. tongue.gif

strange that you find the mx500 thin.. hrmm

I find e888 even thinner than the mx500 esp in the mid bass dept(mx500 sound bloated by comparison).. but then.. yea you should give it a try. Who knows you might end up liking it.. like I do now tongue.gifw00t.gif

Edited by Blues