Sign in to follow this  
mirage

Recommendations for soothing music

I've split your query into a seperate thread.

If you don't already have it, try Enya - Watermark

Some recommendations

Diana Krall - Girl In the Other Room

Diana Krall - Love Scenes

Stan Getz - Jazz Samba

Dave Brubeck - Time Out

English

Constant Change - Jose Mari Chan

Feathers - Jeanette Lindstrom & Steve Dobrogosz

Snow Rose (the 1st album)

Chinese

Qi Yu - Cai Qin

My Innermost Feeling - Chen Jie Li

Not sure whether you have heard of this person, she is my favourite especially her latest cds. She is Yuki Nishimura. Very nice and soothing music from all her cds, however, S'pore do not carry her cds anymore, I bought her cd every year when I go to Japan.

Also like to recommend Suzanne Ciani, most of her cds are also very soothing. You can try her "Private Music".

Not sure whether you have heard of this person, she is my favourite especially her latest cds. She is Yuki Nishimura. Very nice and soothing music from all her cds, however, S'pore do not carry her cds anymore, I bought her cd every year when I go to Japan.

Also like to recommend Suzanne Ciani, most of her cds are also very soothing. You can try her "Private Music".

Oh yes, she came into the limelight when she did the soundtrack of a Japanese drama "101 proposal". The same drama has been redone and will be shown on TV soon. The Korean actress who starred in "Winter's Sonata" and "Stairways to Heaven" will take the lead role this time. I think I've got all of Yukie's albums. tongue.gif

If U dig electric harp, try Hilary Stagg who has since passed on. His music is sure to melt your heart and soul and transport U into a realm of beautiful landscapes.

Try the following link for a taste of his music.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=music&n=507846

Edited by Mackie

I stand corrected; should say most and not all of Yukie's discography. Didn't buy the ones after 2001 release user posted image as there are 4 more albums in 2002/03/04 (one being a greatest hit) but I've gotten the previous 8 albums and skipped greatest hits compilations.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_code_ba...html?key=226354

Japanese cds are very easy to find in HK. Check out Sino Center in Mongkok (Kowloon) and HK Records at Pacific Place, Admiralty (HK island). Those who are into anime and soundtracks will freak out with the vast collection available there.

Edited by Mackie

I stand corrected; should say most and not all of Yukie's discography. Didn't buy the ones after 2001 release user posted image as there are 4 more albums in 2002/03/04 (one being a greatest hit) but I've gotten the previous 8 albums and skipped greatest hits compilations.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_code_ba...html?key=226354

Japanese cds are very easy to find in HK. Check out Sino Center in Mongkok (Kowloon) and HK Records at Pacific Place, Admiralty (HK island). Those who are into anime and soundtracks will freak out with the vast collection available there.

oh i see, i thought it's only available in japan. I got all this cds too from Japan. super ex... around 40 sing, is it cheaper in HK? BTW, for soothing piano pieces, can try Kelvin Kern as well, or even Jim Brickmen (earlier albums)

Above recommended seems all with vocal. If u like soothing music without vocal and by piano I think this is a very good one:

December

Played by George Winston on Piano

Windham Hill Records CW-20011

Basically is piano Christmas music arranged and play in a very very relax mood. The pianist's skill is very good also.

post-11-1100049590.jpg

For smooth jazz;

try The Braxton brothers - Sunset Bay

Fatt Burger - Spice

for now i can only thought of these two,but basically most smooth jazz do sound relaxing :P

I recommend a band 'Nite flyte'

Most of the pieces they produced are purely just music,don't know what to describe the genre

Recommend Nite flyte - Dawn.

They are rather low profile,so far i only know they released 3 albums.