Sign in to follow this  
SoulReaver2662

Recommend Good Headphones With Decent Bass

Koss KSC 35 is no longer in production but U might wanna buy direct from Koss USA. However, I remembered the last power buy of which turned out to be a real disaster as a lot of the units were structually defective.

Thanks to a fellow forumer who just returned from the States, I have gotten the new KSC75. On initial hearing, I feel it has slightly less bass oomph than KSC35 but it's still in the pre-burn in stage. Check the relative thread for more updates from me later.

ksc-55 is the clip-on i believe. if so, i have the ksc-50 which is behind-the-neck type.

the sound quality is great for its price. beats any sony that i have heard of.

1 bad thing about ksc-50 is that it's rather tight and u might feel a pain behind your ears after long usage.

hmmm i thought 55 is also a behind the neck phone?

one thing i forgot to mention is...some headphones.....make the music sound like its coming from a distance whereas the good ones don't have this effect

ksc-55 is the clip-on i believe. if so, i have the ksc-50 which is behind-the-neck type.

the sound quality is great for its price. beats any sony that i have heard of.

1 bad thing about ksc-50 is that it's rather tight and u might feel a pain behind your ears after long usage.

KSC 50 is behind the neck n 55 is the clip ons =p

cool...can consider it now....

i almost bought the g74 today...but my mind was like "hmmm maybe i should try koss...its cheaper too...." then the other part of me said "but i fee safer with sony" ....dunno wad to do sleep.gif" if only i can get to try both to see for myself

thx for the frequency response post....

hey! do u mean the portapros can fold down into a behind the neck band too?!?!?!

is the ksc 35 even available here? it seems rare >_<

Both sportapros and the portapros share the same driver but the portapros cannot fold down into a behind the neck band... only the sportapros can.

i almost bought the g74 today...but my mind was like "hmmm maybe i should try koss...its cheaper too...." then the other part of me said "but i fee safer with sony" ....dunno wad to do " if only i can get to try both to see for myself

Many of my friends do have the G74 or the unfoldable version. I have tried, and its nothing great. PX200 if positioned properly beats it hands down. BTW I had once owned a PX100 but I thought its not worth what I paid for it. Muddy, slow sound, nowhere even near the PX200. Hence at this point of the PX200 being "slower" I disagree with the head-fi reviewer. Also, its behind KSC-35. Assuming a cost of $50 for the KSC-35, I would expect a price of about $30+(higher end of 30s) for the Sony's sound. Of course its miles ahead of the MDR-Q55 (thankfully). I was indeed pleasantly surprised by its sound given the bad experience with MDR-Q55. The overall sound of the G74 is pretty sony signature, typically cold sound with very awkwardly coloured mids (not so bad for this pair).Compared with other Sony streetstyles its a winner, but I'm not sure how it compares to KSC50/55 as I haven't tried them. I am quite sure the koss will give u a run for your money. I can't say the same for the Sonys.

Many of my friends do have the G74 or the unfoldable version. I have tried, and its nothing great. PX200 if positioned properly beats it hands down. BTW I had once owned a PX100 but I thought its not worth what I paid for it. Muddy, slow sound, nowhere even near the PX200. Hence at this point of the PX200 being "slower" I disagree with the head-fi reviewer. Also, its behind KSC-35. Assuming a cost of $50 for the KSC-35, I would expect a price of about $30+(higher end of 30s) for the Sony's sound. Of course its miles ahead of the MDR-Q55 (thankfully). I was indeed pleasantly surprised by its sound given the bad experience with MDR-Q55. The overall sound of the G74 is pretty sony signature, typically cold sound with very awkwardly coloured mids (not so bad for this pair).Compared with other Sony streetstyles its a winner, but I'm not sure how it compares to KSC50/55 as I haven't tried them. I am quite sure the koss will give u a run for your money. I can't say the same for the Sonys.

wow very informative post i must say =) thx a lot for the review....

i'm starting to get a clearer picture of the g74...i might just give the koss phones a try now...

i understand what u mean by awkwardly coloured mids....it's a real pain on the Q55s >_<