Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

Amp.

very nice huangyong, can it drive passive speakers?

is there any simple tube headphone amp designs? is it possible to make a headphone amp with just 1 tube? i hav never try a tube amp before...know nuts about building one smile.gif but i'm game to try laugh.gif is it going to blow up in my face if i get it wrong?

Another important point is the there's depth is the music, which really amaze me. In the past, my setup had no sense of space and the 2D effect is really boring.. now i can hear a liitle bit of depth.. "cool"

Interesting happy.gif Tube should be my toys next year biggrin.gif

oh yea..forgot to give credit to someone..

Thanks alot digi01.. he gave me the circuit and provide technical support over the phone. (oh ..it's IDD call tongue.gif )

REALLY THANKS.

is there any simple tube headphone amp designs? is it possible to make a headphone amp with just 1 tube? i hav never try a tube amp before...know nuts about building one  but i'm game to try  is it going to blow up in my face if i get it wrong?

U can take a look on S.E.X....by Doc bottlehead...at their web bottlehead.com , this is a one tube experimenter set...that can work with headphones... and speakers... but that would be high-efficiency kind of speakers... 90dB and above.... kicking.gif

is there any simple tube headphone amp designs? is it possible to make a headphone amp with just 1 tube? i hav never try a tube amp before...know nuts about building one smile.gif but i'm game to try laugh.gif is it going to blow up in my face if i get it wrong?

no, it cannot drive passive speaker, the output current is too low.

yes. the Morgan Jones design is claimed to be quite good to drive high impedance headphones.

i dont think it's possible to make amp with 1 tube, but you can use tube as input and buffer as output.

i dont think it's possible to make amp with 1 tube, but you can use tube as input and buffer as output.

does that mean it will still hav opamp in the circuit? a hybrid amp?

yes., this is an interesting amps. but quite difficult to find those low voltage tubes locally... ,

let us know if u able to source..., i'm interested on those low voltage tubes

the pmillett hybrid looks complicated sleep.gif is there a more simple tube amp for first time builders? tongue.gif

hmm....i think it's good to build a tube buffer first before making a real amp, get used to tube first

.. at least say hello to him first... wink.gif

can try out this MF x10-D. laugh.gif

user posted image

forget about the voltage step up circuit, just replace it with a +/-24V or +/-30V source will do, IMHO.

Edited by huangyong

Tube... tube... tube... the beauty attracks a lot of DIYers happy.gif

But I don't like the cap on the output sleep.gif Which most of the tube amp use... So when Huangyong become tube expert, you better try differential / balance tube amp... no cap, no transformer on the output cool.gif DC coupled tube amp... that's cool party.gif

Just sharing a little bit about my recent experience with tube...,

Recently I bought a 4th hand speaker (I'm the 4th owner tongue.gif ). When I tried the speaker before I bought it, in the previous owner house, he used multi thousands dollar equipments to drive it. 80 watt/channel tube power amp, seperate transport and DAC, etc.

After I bought the speaker, I brought it to my friend house, and we drove it with mid end equipment, Rotel RA-1060 integrated amp, and Rotel RCD-1070 cd player. Both cost less than 2k.

Guess what, listening to the same CD, Emi Fujita, Camomile, I like the Rotel better than the multi thousands dollar setup blink.gif I don't know how to explain, but it just sounds more neutral and easier to listen than the tube amp.

Well everything is about taste, lucky me, I'm quite happy with solid state tongue.gif That's make my life lot's easier wink.gif