Sign in to follow this  
digi01

gilmore BB makes diary

I told digi01 i have my own op27, so he didn't include, now pop in 2 op27..

then i swap it to op07 to see any performance change, but i put the IC in wrong direction.. it SMOKE!!

reminder, dun ever do that to your opamp. (anyway, got it free from school)

later i misplaced my op27, so replace it my precious opa627, wow, it gives better performance..

user posted image

Nice amp huangyong. May I ask what transformer is that? This type of double-sided protoboard is expensive from SLT. I think at least $13 each.

sure... cool.gif

my baby likes low-Z- CANs.. RS-1 will do.. hehe

Edited by huangyong

Heady, this board is gold plated. i m not amazed with the $13 price happy.gif but i rather make PCBs if demand is high..

I thought that gilmore sounds bright, but i was wrong, it sounds dark and laid back, but with fast and punchy bass, bring rock music to another level... i think i will say bye bye to tube..

huangyong the $13 boards from SLT are not gold plated!! Wow, didn't realise that the boards are gold-plated. Been reviewing all the posts from page one again. The amp sure looks beautiful. tongue.gif ..... that's saliva drooling biggrin.gif

thanks, it's indded beutiful.. should give the credits to digi01.

this is just prototype version, might move on to making PCB, and the current power supply is too lousy to match the amp, so it ought to be changed.

think will bring it to bram's place sometimes later after my exam, can come and try it out.. headphone.gif

Edited by huangyong

I thought that gilmore sounds bright, but i was wrong, it sounds dark and laid back, but with fast and punchy bass, bring rock music to another level... i think i will say bye bye to tube..

WELL DONE!

I am happy.for the sound,I think it is totally based on those alternative,those fine matched B649/D669pair,and ERO caps in the servo loops...

of cause,Dr Gilmore's design is very good.

Yes,the bread boards is double side,gold plated beer.gif

- Z

think will bring it to bram's place sometimes later after my exam, can come and try it out..

We can set a small 'Gillmore' torture test meeting cool.gif When will you finish your exam?

Digi, will it improve the sound if you add the transistor output naughty.gif

Digi, will it improve the sound if you add the transistor output naughty.gif

i don't think so.those output transistor pair is enough(4 pair each bridge).

for improve the sound,should make a better power supply yes.gif