Sign in to follow this  
digi01

gilmore BB makes diary

hi digi, how's your progress so far? hope to see your Gilmore after Chinese New Year.

.. 新年快乐.. happy.gif

thank you huangyong.

I am drilling the chassis of BB,will completed sonn.

too skyskraper,

really good board,go ahead happy.gif

ZANG

Hello digi,

Sorry to deviate a little bit from the topic, do you know how to build an headphone amp for STAX electrostatic headphones? Thanks!

happy.gif

Hello digi,

Sorry to deviate a little bit from the topic, do you know how to build an headphone amp for STAX electrostatic headphones? Thanks!

happy.gif

Ask Gilmore...

you got STAX w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Hello digi,

happy.gif

I have a STAX amp design,based on tubes.but still not chance to build it.

because I have not a STAX headphone,my friend at local has not too sleep.gif

Don't wanna be a damper but I've tried K1000 driven by Audiovalve RKVII via headphone and speakers output (3W/channel) but utterly not impressed. Of course, the power is sufficient to drive the cans but I suspect more headroom is required to push this cans near their full potential. Later research revealed K1000 may only sound optimal with a healthy feed of 7W and above. YMMV.

That may be true for speaker amplifiers but the AKG K1000's don't actually need that much power.

I've tried my amp design with the K1000's and found it to sound very good despite it being able to deliver a maximum of only ~45mW (0.045 watts) into the K1000's while in Class A.

Great looking amp as usual, good job, digi! Congrats.

wow.. it looks really good.. The best casing you have so far wink.gif

However, it is a Balanced amplifier right? so it must have right +/- and left +/- output, i suppose. but i dont see any. no.gif

Edited by huangyong

Very nice cool casing!!! party.gif

Huangyong, I don't see XLR connectors on the rear panel, so I guess it is unbalanced. Am I right Digi?

dammit my transistor package arrived today. it had everything but the transistors in it. im very annoyed right now. hopefully they sort it out ASAP

From the diagram you drew, i don't see any power switch.

Is power switch really necessary? i know that xcan v1,v2 is without power switch and it's quite inconvenient.

btw, good idea there to include a switch to switch between Blanced and Single ended. wink.gif

another question is, do you really need balanced input to have balanced output?

Huangyong, where do you see the balanced input/output ?? unsure.gif

So far I never seen balanced output for headphone tongue.gif I don't see balanced input in Digi amp either. Probably the front switch is the power switch wink.gif Just my guess...