Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

Dremel hand tool

don't know where to post this tongue.gif so thought i try this forum first

i'm looking for a Dremel, new not used, anyone knows where i find it in Singapore?

also...any idea how much it cost?

post-2-1101099157.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

tropicalrips,

Saw some models at Homefix the DIY store at Ikea building in Alexandra a few months back. However went there last week and didnt see them. You might wanna call their head office 8832038 and find out which of their stores stock Dremel. Here's their website www.home-fix.com/storefront/general/SearchResult.asp link for Dremel

Also moved your post to DIY section.

Edited by Rameish

The RTX is B&D's answer to Minicraft's MX-1 and Dremel's rotary tools. All these will actually be able to use each others' tool bits.

I saw most of the mini drill come with 3 mm chuck. I also saw in Kaichin, the shop that sells used stuff near the escalator SLT 2nd floor, they are selling drill bit, for small holes, 1mm, etc. with 3 mm diameter on the lower part to fit the 3 mm chuck. They are only SGD 1.5 per bit, and looks good smile.gif

I saw most of the mini drill come with 3 mm chuck. I also saw in Kaichin, the shop that sells used stuff near the escalator SLT 2nd floor, they are selling drill bit, for small holes, 1mm, etc. with 3 mm diameter on the lower part to fit the 3 mm chuck. They are only SGD 1.5 per bit, and looks good smile.gif

Those are router bits. However, i suspect they can only be used for plastics and soft metal like aluminium or copper. Those for stainless steel or titanium are likely to be made out of carbide and can cost up to 5x - 10x that of the regular stuff.

ie. A 25mm HSS hole saw for soft metals, wood and plastics cost about $40 with the arbor. A 25mm carbide hole saw for stainless steel etc. costs at least $165.

Try RS Components or Farnell. Otherwise, some of the shops at Kelantan Lane or the bigger DIY stores might have some. Alternatively, you can go to machining shops to ask them where they get their router/ CNC/ milling bits from.