Sign in to follow this  
fuwen

1/4in to 1/8in adaptor

Hi! I have a friend recently tried my HD650 1/4in to 1/8in adaptor (short cable type) and he found it much superior to those 1 piece adaptor that we can get readily at DIY shop. Anybody know where to get such adaptor (good quality one)? I thought Grados top model come also with one such adaptor but not sure Music by Design will stock them separately for sale?

I am looking for getting the short cable adaptor locally. I am aware that there are many places overseas that sell these.

Yes Grado does have such a cable. 1/8 (small male jack) to 1/4 inch (large female socket) (just like the one that somes with the HD-650. Music By Design does bring it in but please call to check if they are in stock before going down to the shop.

Fuwen, Music by Design do stock the 1/4" to 1/8" adaptors separately. I can't remember how much I bought mine for.

Okay, I guess this is one instance where a picture says it all. Is this what you're looking for? If so then it's available at Music By Design

adaptorcble.gif

Hi! I have a friend recently tried my HD650 1/4in to 1/8in adaptor (short cable type)

IIRC it says grado on that adaptor when I had it, so it's actually a grado adaptor. I found it strange to see a grado adaptor in a Senn package, hence I remember it quite vividly.

Thanks Rameish and Leng. Will advice my friend.

Hi! Absolute0, not sure I read u correctly. The short adaptor that comes with HD 650 is not a Grado adaptor. It is a well made adaptor but no Sennheiser label on it. I have seen the Grado adaptor before and thus are aware of it and was thinking whether Music by Design sells it separately. I have seen the Grado adaptor available in Headroom so guess they sell them separately. Knowing it is quite difficult to get Sennheiser spares here in Singapore so I never thought of getting the Sennheiser adaptor and I guess they are not available for sale separately.

Hi fuwen, you read me correctly, but probably ours have different adaptors. I am pretty sure mine came with a Grado adaptor, it's written on the female, and it looks exactly like the one in the picture Rameish posted.

Edited by Absolute0

Interesting.... but I guess the seller got some mix up? Sennheiser cannot be in collaboration with Grado, right??

Maybe agent of Grado and Senn are one in Indonesia? Anyway, 6 of us joined the power-buy and perhaps these people can check their sets to verify. I never noticed mine though.

Mackie, is Grado available in Indonesia? if yes, do you know the location cos maybe it's a lot cheaper there. Btw, how much the MBD charged for the adaptor guys?

Sorry, I don't know anything about hifi retailers in Indonesia. The power buy was a chance offered by fellow forumer renderfarms who advertised it in our forum. If hifi is more expensive in Malaysia, I don't believe it will be cheap in Indonesia. The salary per capita there is significantly lower than Malaysia and the agent for SE Asia would not be so silly to depress prices there as all demand will flow into Indonesia instead of maintaining market share in S'pore and other ASEAN regions. This is my just my opinion of course.

My friend went down MDB and the Grado adaptor cost about $30 but no stock at the moment.

I have the Grado adapter, and I saw something similar in SLS, 3rd floor, the shop name is UF Technology (green banner). I didn't check properly, buy it looks like the Grado adaptor. That shop has a lot of cables yes.gif

I will check again when I go there.