Sign in to follow this  
voxel

sorry hd580

The following is my interesting experience on my CardDeluxe->HD580 combo. I got this hd580 from a friend about two weeks ago. laugh.gif

I like the sound of 580 (quite similar to 600 indeed, except that the mid-range is warmer, and sound stage a bit smaller). However, the right channel is a bit (but obviously) louder than the left channel. I made several comparisons with a Beyerdynamic DT331 on another computer with onboard sound. For some mysterious reasons, the DT331 has no problem, while the right channel of 580 is still louder... mad.gif

So I went to buy an akg 240M, which has a more charmful mid-range than the 580, to replace this 'problematic' 580. Then I found that the right channel of my new 240M is still louder... blush.gif

There are two possibilities: ( a ) the cables; ( b ) the sound card.

I exchanged the two cables for left & right channel, and the right is still louder. So there's something wrong with my lovely CardDeluxe... ppth.gif

I checked the output +4/-10dB jumper first. it was set to -10. correct. then the input jumper, also -10. But I found another input jumper which was set to +4. Finally I realized that the two channels have seperate selection jumper. What a mistake I had made yucky.gif

Hope this is helpful for those who will invest for good sound cards~~

Edited by voxel