Sign in to follow this  
Ny0ng1

3 quick question about grados

i tried to search about some of this info but found nothing. Or the search result was too many to handle (from head-fi) so please help me answer them if you can yes.gif

1. whats the size of grado driver? 40mm? 50mm? they are the same size from sr60 to rs1 right?

2. can we change the original cable since its too thick and im using it for portables. its tad long as well (2m). im using cable tie now to roll it in to a coil and put it in my pocket.

it believe its possible but is it worth the hassle? voiding warranty, risky?

3. is there any suggestion about a portable case to put the can in my bag. for example the leather bag for beyers. the original packaging is just a big clumsy paper box.

thanks headphone.gif

go 1.99 shop or popular get the see thru clear plastic pencil case, its reli huge can store ur portable player with the grado and mayb even a portable amp, u can make pockets (sew it onto the case) to store diff stuff

If U leave near IMM Jurong east, Daiso (aka $2 shop) has a huge assortment of plastic boxes to cater to your intention. I bought one to house my Sony V6 which is definitely bigger in size that Grado SR60.

thanks papaya and mackie. i do stay near jurong east. will take a look tomorrow. happy.gif

any info about the driver size?

2. can we change the original cable since its too thick and im using it for portables. its tad long as well (2m). im using cable tie now to roll it in to a coil and put it in my pocket.

it believe its possible but is it worth the hassle? voiding warranty, risky?

i'm interested in the cable change too, since i already have 1 intermittent right channel [most likely a bad connection at the 1-to-2 cable split part of the cable]

an update on the cable change

just received my SR60 back from MBD after "surgery"

the complete cable has been changed, giving my SR60 a new lease of life

the new cables are slightly more flexible than before, and the phones sound slightly different too [maybe its just psychological?]