fuwen

iPod Shuffle

I am not sure about the AAC format but I thought I read from the web the shuffle is spec to take WAV. Incidentally it is not able to take apple own AIFF (WAV equivalent) format.

Funny, I checked from the Apple site. The spec said it is able to take AAC leh?!

From what I gather, it state that it can take AAC (max 320kbps) but it never mention about Apple Lossless Encoding so I would assume no for that.

IIRC, it doesn't play AIFF and Apple Lossless, just MP3, AAC and WAV. Strange, considering Apple Lossless is really useful for its smaller file size compared to other lossless formats. Should come in handy in a 512MB/1GB player.

My goodness, just ordered the 1G Shuffle and estimated shipping is on 6th April (I hope is not 4th June, dun know what date format they are using)! I thought the site said 2 - 3 weeks shipping.

Gosh! APRIL?

Fuwen, why didnt u drop by 7-11s to check out the shuffle?

I bought my shuffle at the 7-11 outlet at Citylink.

Saw it at Bugis 7-11 too.

Weird but true = )

Hi! Wil, I actually forgot about 7-11. But ordered already anyway so wait lah. Care to share your impression on the shuffle?

For those who are thinking of getting I guess u know where to search already!

Hi Fuwen,

First time user of Apple products, so was kinda lost when using I-Tunes, gotten used to it now.

I really like my Shuffle, despite its lack of a screen.

For me, when its just a short journey out, ill take it, put it on Shuffle, stuff it in my pocket and off i go!

Dandy little piece of plastic i must say!

One thing i dont like is that it gets scratched way too easily.

Despite that short coming, the shuffle sounds as good as my friends' 3rd Gen and 4th Gen 20 gig Ipods.

Quite a pleasant surprise from a player of its' minute size.

Bass is punchy and tight, at times lending it's self to being over-enthuastic thus making it alittle muddy, but

that's a rarity. Treble is crisp and never overly-bright. One thing to note, my E2cs NEVER got along well with

the Shuffle. Bass was HORRENDOUS. It was there alright, but it was all over the place. Not the case for my

MX500s and Sr-125s though. Pretty sweet on these two. * The shuffle can drive the SR-125s to very loud

volumes! w00t.gif

Pretty worth it , IHMO, for those who want a pretty, light-weight, no-frills player for just music-on-the-go,

the shuffle is the way to go, but if a radio, recording and what-nots are needed, i suggest you look

somewhere else ( N200 wink wink )

To sum it all.............I LIKE IT! wub.gif

Gosh! APRIL?

Fuwen, why didnt u drop by 7-11s to check out the shuffle?

I bought my shuffle at the 7-11 outlet at Citylink.

Saw it at Bugis 7-11 too.

Weird but true = )

blink.gif 7-11??

How much did it cost there btw? laugh.gif

i got the 1 Gig Version @ $269.

Ahhh... sweet! It's at the MSRP...

BTW, do you have any idea if it's available at ALL 7-11s? hehehe... Thanks! happy.gif

Hahahha....its not available at all 7-11 outlets, only selected ones, try the bigger ones or the one located at busier areas ! Not sure if they are sold out already.....i know they're selling like hot-cakes.....so grab yours today! hahahaa rolleyes.gif

After enquiring four 7-11s today, I placed my order for it online... =p... Hope it will be here within 2-3 days... hahaha... laugh.gif

Have not gotten any confirmation email...

Finally got mine at Causeway point 7-11. They kept inside office not displaying outside. Left 2.

Saw 4 at Jurong Point today during lunch, over confident so I went back office cancelled my online order and only went back after office hour. Sold out!

Hm....Fuwen, what are your opinions of the Shuffle? Are they somewhat similar to mine? laugh.gif

Edited by wil