Rameish

Would you pay 5% extra for service

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In an effort to find out if I can compete with SLS shops who sell headphones by the truckload, I would like all 49 members of this forum to answer this question:

Would you pay 5% more for professional service where you can audition run in headphones, compare and then buy?

Not only service, but frank impartial advice, condusive environment- meaning with run-in head amps and headphones, not noisy environment eg. no loud music blarring from neighbours, and lots of patience and non-pushy sales staff. Am I asking too much? 5% is reasonable, Rameish, and thanks for your earlier reply, and I am glad you dare to ask such question.

I have & will continue to do so as long as I can afford to do so.

I agree, it applies to may services & need not necessarily be confined to hi-fi.

Personally yes, I don't mind having to spend 5 percent more.. especially if I can compare it with many different amps and headphones to mix match my taste.

it will be great.

plus, maybe you can reserve a desk and chair for that purpose biggrin.gif

cosy chair of coz haha..

and air con tongue.gif

hehe.. not too much to ask rite .. hee..

certainly - i have done so and i will continue to do so - and if i dont get service here - heck, i let my mouse do the walking and my card do the paying wink.gif

but seriously, i think most folks wouldnt mind paying a bit more for that extra personal touch and friendly unbiased advice. environment helps - but for me personal service counts for a lot more - some of the shops in adelphi - which shall remain unnamed - had very very humble beginnings at out of town locations - small dingy cruddy showrooms - hardly what one would consider an environment suitable for auditioning hifi - but these guys had hearts of gold - loiter around the whole day, listen to whatever you want, take it home and auditon - seriously - it was all ok - and damn good advice. not all shops offer this - how many at adelphi will do this? very few - handful - less than that - i know who they are and i do biz with them - the rest - can go suck air laugh.gif

Okay. That's nice to hear because I was wondering as I'm going to be a Beyer dealer as well.

My home is air-conditioned, you do have several amps to try and actually I am not even with you most of the time. Unless of course you've got a question.

My amp list is modest - Grado RA-1, Creek OBH11SE, all of the Corda line (the HA-2 has gone for a review in the Chinese Hi-Fi magazine. I don't know when it will be published though. Anyway I'm now focusing more on the regular hi-fi guys.

Some Beyer prices for you guys - I post them in the Beyer thread once I have them.

Edited by Rameish