Sign in to follow this  
idkfa

My Jpop Recommendation!

There are lots of new stuffs tossed into Mika Nakashima's "BEST" compliation. Firstly I would already get it for the first track, "Amazing Grace" which is produced and arranged by Chie Ayado, a very reputable Jazz veteran in Japan. All of the other tracks are remixed versions of the originals which gives it a nice compliment to the original. Crescent Moon & Glamourous Sky(better recording than the singles cd) is new too. I love the new "Aish*teru" as well. I feel that this album is way better recorded and pressed than her earlier ablums. Pls note that I am comparing japanese to japanese CD pressings.

I'll gladly recommend this album if anyone to anyone. Her voice is simply magical with that unique tint of warmth like marsmellows with hot milo biggrin.gif . And I love getting dizzy with her "Stars" single without the crossfeed on. lol.

BUY IT!! If not, for the beautiful photography insert.

There are lots of new stuffs tossed into Mika Nakashima's "BEST" compliation. Firstly I would already get it for the first track, "Amazing Grace" which is produced and arranged by Chie Ayado, a very reputable Jazz veteran in Japan. All of the other tracks are remixed versions of the originals which gives it a nice compliment to the original. Crescent Moon & Glamourous Sky(better recording than the singles cd) is new too. I love the new "Aish*teru" as well. I feel that this album is way better recorded and pressed than her earlier ablums. Pls note that I am comparing japanese to japanese CD pressings.

I'll gladly recommend this album if anyone to anyone. Her voice is simply magical with that unique tint of warmth like marsmellows with hot milo biggrin.gif . And I love getting dizzy with her "Stars" single without the crossfeed on. lol.

BUY IT!! If not, for the beautiful photography insert.

Thanks! I think I'd get "Best" instead of her first 2 albums then.

Yes, I'm pretty surprised as well, because there is no indication that they included the remixed versions.

What took you so long to reply? tongue.gif

LOL. I was busy? laugh.gif

Yes, they certainly did little to mention abt the remixes but nevertheless they did write (05) & (05' vocal) on the first two tracks.

Mack<< I really miss seeing your previous avatar. Why the drastic sudden change??

Mack<< I really miss seeing your previous avatar. Why the drastic sudden change??

Feeling soulful perhaps? Wait till the next transition in my mood..... happy.gif

Just got Mika's "Best" album. Indeed very listenable, in fact much more so than Utada Hikaru's Greatest Hits. There's a certain lulling and sensual quality to her voice, though I am not a fan of her falsetto techniques. A pity there are only 14 tracks.

Yes! Glad you liked them. It cetainly is staying inside my PCDP for a long time.

14 good tracks are better than 28 rubbish tracks right? lol laugh.gif

if u pple have the $$ to spare, get the single "Hitori".. bought the last one from HMV.. not sure whether they still have it though.. among all her cds, i must say its the one I love most! laugh.gif Only 4 tracks though..

Where can i find the Japanese-press of Mika's "Best" album in shops in Singapore?

The ones that i have come across here(Gramophone) are those "Made in Hong Kong" wink.gif

The only place i know which stocks Japan Pressed CDs is HMV. Otherwise you have to try Yesasia.com or CDJapan.

The only place i know which stocks Japan Pressed CDs is HMV. Otherwise you have to try Yesasia.com or CDJapan.

OK. Will check out HMV else may just get the Hong Kong-pressed CD

if u pple have the $$ to spare, get the single "Hitori".. bought the last one from HMV.. not sure whether they still have it though.. among all her cds, i must say its the one I love most! laugh.gif  Only 4 tracks though..

Yeps, "hitori" (meaning one person) is one darn good singles cd. Definitely a keeper!

David Watt<< erm, perhaps you didn't read my other thread on CDs. I think get the Japanese press lah. lol. But I am sure HMV has the Jap presses.

Edited by idkfa