Sign in to follow this  
idkfa

My Jpop Recommendation!

Do you all listen to Luna Sea's vocalist - Kawamura Ryuichi ?

I started off listening to his albums then backtrack to Luna Sea. Simply love both his voice and song-writing talent. He composed many music for other artistes as well if I am not mistaken. His solo works seem more mellow and tend towards the ballad side while the ones with Luna Sea more into rock .. both rox in their own way biggrin.gif

I have to admit to being a Zard and (closet) Judy & Mary Fan.

Zard I'll remember for her Slam Dunk songs while Judy & Mary remind me of the Kenshin series.

Am I the only one that thinks Judy and Mary inhale large amounts of helium before they sing? tongue.gif

Edited by av98m

I love listening to yuki or Judy and mary too. I really have no idea why the band splitted. She is so cute. And apparantly a fashion icon in tokyo. Everything she touches, ends up in Ebay. biggrin.gif

I have to say that the new mika nakashima album, "Music", is not so good as compared to her earlier releases. So far, only the first and second track is listenable. I still love her "Love" album. Best of the three.

av: zard's 'my friend'.. that song rocks.. hhehe..

I have to say that the new mika nakashima album, "Music", is not so good as compared to her earlier releases. So far, only the first and second track is listenable. I still love her "Love" album. Best of the three.

I guess personal taste can swing opinons far and wide and age too (me being much older, I believe) tongue.gif . I personally prefer her latest album as it's mellower and also presents the more sensitive side of her. The songs also allow her emotions to flow better. Her previous albums tend to showcast her diversity and prowess in vocal range but no less entertaining and impressive.

I reckon her latest album is similar to Sakura's recent efforts which have mellowed and more focused in term of musical direction relative to her earlier albums that are way funkier.

Nonetheless, I believe Mika is maturing in her art and that's a good thing.

Edited by Mackie

I have to admit, I've been on a j-pop binge lately, partly to recall what it was like to be young and carefree(my "j-pop period" was during my late teens to early 20s). biggrin.gif

DAI seems pretty hot, with the release of their swansong Do the A-side.

Mika Nakashima has a new album titled Music. FYI.

Argh, u beat me to it......

Anyway, I started out listening to her music back then in 2002, yeah its really nice. Ballad kind of style. Bought both LOVE and MUSIC.

Mika Nakashima has a new album titled Music.  FYI.

Argh, u beat me to it......

By >8 months? tongue.gif

Edited by Absolute0

LOL. This thread didn't even exist if I did not search for it. I guess old thread goes "hidden"? after sometime?

Well, the new Mika's album is only a BEST of with a new track "Glamorous Sky". I got that single and it was so badly recorded despite being Japanese Pressed. I could hear hisses and static in the background. No, it's not my source, phones, amps or cables. lol.

Anyone here in love with Amuro Namie?

user posted image

I like N.A. Her new album QUEEN OF HIP POP's pretty cool. And I think Linda Liao, the taiwanese singer looks a little like her.

I like N.A. Her new album QUEEN OF HIP POP's pretty cool. And I think Linda Liao, the taiwanese singer looks a little like her.

I dun mean to be rude, but yes, if you take away her face, then she does like like Namie. lol. Amuro is just so hot. I kinda miss her Eurobeat Jpop nowdays. But her R&B's not too bad. And I find that her voice is maturing and going a little warmer.

Did you get her X'mas single, "White Lights"?