Sign in to follow this  
idkfa

My Jpop Recommendation!

Not now maybe but the time Linda was doing promotions on her second album on MTV, she dressed up like Namie Amuro and wow, its 90% look alike. But maybe I was blind that time.... tongue.gif

I don't usually comment on girls, but I think Namie has much nicer features than Linda. happy.gif

Edited by Absolute0

haha I recommend Mai Kuraki (CD list from CDjapan) X japan (CD list from CD japan) This 2 are good singer/band so if you all do have time do try them out. By the way X japan have disband due to the death of one of the member .. is a very sad death##"

hm... abit of correction.. the member - hide's death is not the cause of disband .. cause he died sometime after x-japan was disbanded. I think it's due to some personal conflict in which Toshi wanted to go his own ways and Yoshiki couldn't find the one to replace him, among many other problems..

Now I am digging more into Luna Sea's stuff.. good stuff party.gifheadphone.gif

Could I ask how did the member die? Its sad to hear that but I'am curious to know more..Sorry if I've offended any fans out there.

Has anyone tried the other Hyde? L'Arc en Ciel?

Their music is so easy to rock with. Amazingly nice tunes with power guitars. Hyde's quite an amazing dude. He's got solo and bandwork. Looks like he went thru a million dollars worth of surgery but hey, even the boys here dig him.

The ARK album is a friggin good. Rock your grados with them. L'Arc en Ciel

post-11-1134912491.jpg

Edited by idkfa

hm... abit of correction.. the member - hide's death is not the cause of disband .. cause he died sometime after x-japan was disbanded. I think it's due to some personal conflict in which Toshi wanted to go his own ways and Yoshiki couldn't find the one to replace him, among many other problems..

Now I am digging more into Luna Sea's stuff.. good stuff party.gifheadphone.gif

Oic !!! thanks i heard from my friend but no Idea ago it but Sure Thing i like their song. I think Luna sea copied from them !! lolz not sure too tongue.gif

Could I ask how did the member die? Its sad to hear that but I'am curious to know more..Sorry if I've offended any fans out there.

Heard he hanged himself .... but then againz I did not do any research into this.

idkfa: yeah been listening to laruku since a long time.. own quite a few of their albums. They make very catchy pop/rock music.. easy and make u wanna groove.. like u mentioned laugh.gif

hyde's work.. hm I did catch a bit of his early solo..but lost touch with his new stuff. But I think he did a pretty good job on his own too. The bassist Tetsu does have his own solo works too I think.. called Tetsu 69. Never had the chance to listen though.

another underrated but good band would be The Brilliant Green.. their music is quite fresh and different from the usual j-pop/rock scene.abit on the grunge rock side(sorry i'm quite poor with this genre thingy hehe). All their albums are certainly a hit, but if you must listen I recommend the 2nd, 3rd(los angeles) and last(winter). Their themesong for j-doramas- 'nagai tameiki no youni' and sono supeedo de were the ones that propelled them to crowd in 2000 laugh.gif

N3w_Typ3: no lah luna sea didn't copy the music style from them. Though Yoshiki(extacy record) managed them for their debut. But I think x-japan pioneered the so called visual kei in Japan for others like Luna Sea, Malice Mizer etc to follow.

Yeah hide of X-Japan was found dead in his apartment hung.. suicide. People speculated it's because of X-japan's demise.. but noone knows for sure..

Btw, mika's out with a new album. Its called glamorous sky.

I think you meant the single titled "Glamourous Sky" for Nana the movie? She's got a new "Best of" album though. I really love her voice espcially when she sings "Amazing Grace". happy.gif

Now that we are in the topic of Jpop, i would like check with you all something.

Anyone compare before the overseas version against the japan version of a album?

Besides the price and packaging(japan one nicer), is there any difference in the pressing and sound quality?

She's got a new "Best of" album though. I really love her voice espcially when she sings "Amazing Grace". happy.gif

That caught my eye today. I only have her "Music" album, would anyone recommend that I get the "Best of", or would I be better off with her first 2 albums?

Anyone compare before the overseas version against the japan version of a album?

It's a love it or hate it scenario. I find Japan pressing to be cleaner and perhaps more clinical but generally free of over-saturation ie. not pushing the recording levels too high and results in distortion when music passages hit a climax, resulting in nasal-like congestion/distortion. The most recent comparison is between a US and Japan press of "Corrine May - Fly Away". I like the Japan press better.

That caught my eye today. I only have her "Music" album, would anyone recommend that I get the "Best of", or would I be better off with her first 2 albums?

It's worth buying her past efforts if you really dig her kinda music although a "Best of" compilation is more economical.

I did not include best of firstly because I don't think its like a new album in any way. Like mackie said, its more of a compilation instead.