Sign in to follow this  
idkfa

My Jpop Recommendation!

I was at HMV yesterday, and only saw the HK pressing at the ground floor display/audition area. Probably have to ransack the place to find the Japanese pressing. Anyhow, I believe ignorance is bliss (Japanese pressings cost a lot more!), and I can live with the HK pressing, which sounds pretty good IMHO.

idkfa: Lucky u living in the land of the rising sun. smile.gif Jap press seems to be quite hard to get locally...

But seriously, I do miss the local atmosphere of the chaotic singaporean and the supper clubs. You don't know the pain of living abroad. lol

I believe CDs in singapore now still go for ard SGD$20.00? The japanese yen now is so weak it's probably the best time to do major shoppings for your cans! haha... I bought my Mika's cd at ard 3100yen which is no more than SGD$45.00. If from what I found out in my other CD pressing related thread makes sense, paying double the price for your favourite CDs, YEA!

Yup, ignorance is bliss I totally agree. But it's so darn difficult avoiding everything you'll eventually read in "those" forums. lol.

You don't know the pain of living abroad. lol

In fact, I do miss this so-called "pain". Let's just say when U are back in town, you wouldn't wanna eat Japanese food here cos it tastes so different (understatement)! U had it good there, enjoy it while it's worth.

Back to music.......

After discovering this site,

CD Japan

My wallet has been taking a lot of damage. Japanese presses and they even indicated if the CDs you're getting are from the first press.! Lovely! biggrin.gif

My recommendation for this mth:

Matsuura Aya - Naked Songs

Contains her past few singles + a new song - dearest (ballad)

To those who think that H!P only produced bubble gum pop, you have to listen to her wonderful voice and nice music arrangments. Must listen for Jpop fans!

----------------

1 more recommendation

Kobukuro - All singles best

2 albums and already a best singles album out speaks alot of this 2 guys pairing. their vocals are really soothing and once again, the arrangements and lyrics are exceptionally good. Definetely 1 of the better male groups in 2005.

Edited by ferrar1

since this is a jpop thread, wanna ask anyone listens to erika sawajiri new singles? the songs where she sings in the drama taiyou no uta. i kind of love it

^ Its out in HMV, if i remember e tracks correctly.

Title: Taiyou No Uta

1. Taiyou no uta

2. Stay with me

3. Wish (instrumental)

4. Stay with me (acoustic)

Not bad for her 1st recording. Stay with me is very addictive, nice melody and lyrics.

^ Its out in HMV, if i remember e tracks correctly.

Title: Taiyou No Uta

1. Taiyou no uta

2. Stay with me

3. Wish (instrumental)

4. Stay with me (acoustic)

Not bad for her 1st recording. Stay with me is very addictive, nice melody and lyrics.

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Arch/SR/k...6409/index.html

Only 3 tracks, unless you managed to get your hands on the limited edition.

I prefer YUI's song for the Taiyo no uta movie though.

^ yup the 1 with the DVD

Ive recently listened to Def Tech's music as well, very orange range i must say.

Edited by ferrar1

After discovering this site,

CD Japan

My wallet has been taking a lot of damage. Japanese presses and they even indicated if the CDs you're getting are from the first press.! Lovely! :))

Yeah, CD japan's nice. I've always been buying most of my CD's from there. Really good service and pretty wide selection. Btw, does anyone here listen to You Hitoto or Sowelu??