Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

The mini D70 users thread

took this on my way to work this morning, first outdoor test shot with the D70 smile.gif

post-4-1108827166.jpg

and this on the way back

i was surprise how low a shutter speed i could go without bluring, taken handheld smile.gif

post-4-1108827307.jpg

What ISO, metering & mode did you use on both photos?

Looks like my hand is more shaky than yours. Refering to your second shot, I can't take a shot without getting a slight blur no matter how hard I try without a tripod.

Shot today, early morning 5 mins boat ride into town to beat the traffic jam & parking woes for the National Day Parade practice. Particularly cloudy day.

DSC_4405.jpg

second shot ISO 800 , F3.5 , 1/10 sec , manual mode , matrix metering

u can also try continuous shot at lower shutter speed to beat the bluring smile.gif

What ISO, metering & mode did you use on both photos?

Looks like my hand is more shaky than yours. Refering to your second shot, I can't take a shot without getting a slight blur no matter how hard I try without a tripod.

Shot today, early morning 5 mins boat ride into town to beat the traffic jam & parking woes for the National Day Parade practice. Particularly cloudy day.

You seem to have allowed the flash to fire off.. Shouldn't have done that..

You seem to have allowed the flash to fire off.. Shouldn't have done that..

Here's one without the flash rolleyes.gif

DSC_4421.jpg

What white balance do you guys usually set it to? Im experimenting with +3 on Auto WB and getting good results and my exposure is +0.3

never touched those.. I just played with the shutter and aperture.. all the rest I meddled in PS

I don't normally change the value, just the presets depending on conditions. I'll give your suggestion a try. BTW shall I split the posts about the D70 into a seperate thread instead?

I think we should separate the thread since most of the discussion on this digital camera thread is on D70. Let us not scare the potential digital camera poster from posting since all they see is a d70 dslr discussion LOL lol.gif

I think that would be best as well since this thread is turning out to be a D70 thread. yes.gif

Would love to see more stuff from other people and dont want to scare them off!

went to back to the shop to ask about the promo this morning...guess what...they offered to sell me the lens @ $88 smile.gif no need to buy it from Nikon Singapore laugh.gif and my warranty card is still with me, unfilled tongue.gif

post-4-1108909552.jpg

Congrats! Hoping to see some shots soon.

How heavy is it compared with the kit lens? It doesn't look that much larger.

the lens is no as high quality as the kit lens, its also not very good for indoor shots and the mount is made of plastic, but @ $88 its still value for money tongue.gif

ask for price of SB600 as well, quoted @ $300 ++ the SB800 may be over budget for me sleep.gif

below is a shot of the 70-300mm lens at full extension smile.gif will be using it to try out some outdoor shots under the sun

for white balance, i usually try to get a custom setting when indoors, just need to shoot at a piece of white paper. the D70 only has 1 custom white balance, with my C8080, i hav custom white balance for my home, work and 2 other memory.

post-4-1108910058.jpg