Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

The mini D70 users thread

Just need to get one more spare battery for the camera, a 512MB Extreme III CF card or 1GB Lexar 80x WA (Does it comes with the recovery CD-Rom like the Extreme?) & a monopod should I get a telephoto zoom lens.

When you guys picking up your Speedlights? wink.gif

BTW just to reconfirm Q00 got a D70 as well? Come on man come out with it!

Yes Q00 should have the D70 too...

Speedlights .. not yet sleep.gif .. tomorrow getting my 50mm f1.8D tongue.gif

Yep, the Lexar does come with recovery software. heck I can even send it to you, as the file size isn't that large lol.gif

i'll get the speedlight...end of the month...if i can fight the bug lol.gif most likly SB600

currently i actually use my Olympus Fl20, it can't sync with the D70, but i can use it with full manual mode, just need to take a few extra shots to find the correct exposure tongue.gif

for spare battery, i'm using the included adaptor that use 3 pcs of CR2, it works well and its lighter then the original battery.

i'm not sure if the Lexar comes with the CD, do u shoot in RAW file N@Z?

i hav yet to install the Nikon software, using a card reader with PS elements from Olympus

yes Qoo tongue.gif we need more D70 club members lol.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

Actually the recovery software is IN the lexar CF itself. You just have to extract the installation files to your pc before formatting the card wink.gif

Edited by Blues

Yes please blues, YGPM.

I started out taking in highest JPEG Fine then RAW. Recently RAW+JPEG. If you already use PS Elements don't bother with the D70 bundled software unless you need it for uploads to the PC (works even if your using multi card reader).

i'm taking in medium Jpeg, fine quality, going to let the photo lab print some of the shots i took in 4r size to see how it turns out.

any of u guys bought the remote control for the D70? wondering if i actually need it...its $18 @ the shop i bought the D70 from

on the subject of mono-pods, i saw this automatic pod from manfrotto in TK this afternoon, $135 has a very cool design, but its also heavier then the other mono-pods

user posted image

Yep got the remote control last week.. $16(Cathay Photo) when I went to look for the SLIK tripod. Haven't tested it though

I go one too. I use it whenever I need to take nightshots or for group/family photos (on a tripod) with me in it. Much more conveninent than using the timer as you can have a delayed shutter release even with the use of the remote.

Automatic? Is it like those 'telescopic' pens? What the max. weight it can take?

the automatic means it can be release using just 1 hand, the handle at the top has a catch, its actually an up-side-down mono pod smile.gif

just squeeze the handle and the pod drops down to the height u want, very cool smile.gif not sure the max weight it can take but its made of steel, making it heavier then my Slik

Ok...since all of you asked, i have had the D70 for sum time already. Early Feb if i recall correctly, just before CNY. I bought it from courts and im paying for it through installments so i think i dun qualify for the $88 promo. My bundle came with a tripod and a 1gb card though and i get to waive the last payment if i dun miss any payments so all in all, i think it was quite a good deal.

My contribution for the day, david chin's D70 links

quite a lot of info to digest from there.

Hey... that makes you SGH team D70 #03 & blues #02?

How about showing us some of your photos.

u going to need another filter for the 70-300mm lens cause its 62mm and not 67mm like the kit lens, so u can try ask them to put everything into 1 new invoice with a new date, remember to bring everything along...invoice...warranty card...camera tongue.gif

when u buy another thing from them it'll be easier to get them to change the invoice or giv u a new one lol.gif

Does the front end of the 70-300mm lens extend out when you zoom in, like on the Kit lens?

Ok just a quick post. Did very little pp just crop n resize on some of them.

user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Edit:

Sorry, can you recheck the links. I may have accidently messed them up when I readjusted the layout of your thumbnails.

Edited by N@Z

Eh the girl in red is familiar.. my senior from East Spring sec... if not wrong her name is Falaumaina or something rite? happy.gif

yes N@Z, it extends out like the kit lens, can see it from the pics i posted with D70 + 70-300mm lens.

do u guys find the pics from D70 "blueish" it makes the sky look very nice, but at the expense of greens, i collected my prints today, the sky is wonderful, but the greens are not as lifely as those from Olympus.

i remember reading from somewhere that Olympus alter their CCD pixels so that the greens come out better...

so now we hav 4 confirm team D70 members smile.gif anyone else? laugh.gif Bpribadi??? tongue.gif