Mackie

Review: Portable Amp 2 Version 2

Hi All,

I have replace my alkaline batteries with rechargable batteries and it work. The hissing sound is gone and according to Gary , he said that the amplifier was designed to work with the lower voltage of rechargeable batteries. Below is my setup , please let me know your views. biggrin.gif

user posted image

Edited by oasis

Hi All,

I have replace my alkaline batteries with rechargable batteries and it work. The hissing sound is gone and according to Gary , he said that the amplifier was designed to work with the lower voltage of rechargeable batteries. Below is my setup , please let me know your views. biggrin.gif

user posted image

Hi, glad that U have solved your hissing problem and equally delighted that I have correctly pin-point the cause. lol.gif

If U r keen to further improve your setup, U can take a look here. whistling.gif

Edited by pcking

Hi All,

user posted image

Pretty decent setup. I would assume it's for portable purposes? How do you carry those around??

I usually dump it all into my messenger bag or my customed waist pouch. Fits my DAP, Amp, and even holds my can. biggrin.gif

I second the PV2V2. It's really a good deal for $SGD100. It was undoubtly the darkhorse during the Mini-Dap meet last month. Drives well too. I love it on my 250omh DT250.

Hi patt0n, if you are refering to the PV2V2, sooory as I sold it to a fellow forumer even before i took a good listen to it on my grado. Now my grado's taking the back seat while the Beyers step in. I am currently using my H340 with either the Porta Corda MKII or the Supermacro + Beyer DT250.

I would say it's a good compliment for the iriver considering the costs and size. Don't get me wrong. The sonics of this little amp is pretty tady good. It was just a little behind the supermini in terms of bass. If you are getting grados, you wouldn't care about the bass response. You WILL get bass, even without the amp.

Get the PV2V2. A good start for portable building.

Hi All,

user posted image

Pretty decent setup. I would assume it's for portable purposes? How do you carry those around??

Hahaha, I just put my "babies" in a draw string bag then place it in my badpack wink.gif

I couldn't put my pa2v2 with my player cos the screws scratched them real bad. Had to get a pouch with two compartments to solve the problem.

it's ok. I already got my pouch. Besides, I want to open the amp up once in a while to charge the batteries. I know you can charge with an adaptor to the amp itself but I like to drain them first and then use the right battery charger. The last time I charged with the amp, the plastic battery casing melt off the batteries.

Edited by Gahman

There is a Mass order going on at the Mac forum for this PA2V2 Here.

For those interested in getting at a cheaper price of US$53, pls take a look there.

USD$53 is cheeeeeap~. Go get em' all! I think this thread should be more "highlighted" so others interested in better sound can go for it. party.gif