Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

20th Century History of Photography

My completely manual and mechanical Olympus OM System (that's right batteries are optional) - except for the OM-40 which needs batteries (a pair of SR-44 will last about a year - talk about long battery life.

Some stuff I left out like interchangeble focusing screens as that is only for the true Olympus OM fan.

Oly_OM_System.JPG

Edited by Rameish

Oh WOW! w00t.gif

Fantastic condition! These are really worth keeping. Id love to see the hasslebad and rollei please?

Rameish, you are a true collector. :RESPECT: The oldest camera I have is a Pentax MX (bought 20years ago), also completely mechanical. I had a fantastic 100mm Macro lens with it until the lens got damaged. At that time, the MX was the closest I could find to the smooth shutter action of the unaffordable Leica M4.

Niiice! How come you never showed us this last time dude?! What else have you got stashed away in the nether regions of your abode?

Dibs on the Leica IIIf!!! laugh.gif

LOL N@Z, I will never sell the Leica IIIf. It's my dad's and he gave it to me. So you'll have to wait till I'm out of the picture and speak to either trouble n strife or little devil LOL. Benny is waiting to cash in on my LP collection.

Some of the stuff like a manual focus/exposure controllable all stainless steel with tan calf leather polaroid I'll have to get from my dad's place. It even came in a matching calf leather case. I was developed marketed to the well-healed female. When a British pro photographer friend got a divorce, I picked up the cam.

Yeah I also have a bellows type camera. Pretty big.

Thank you ken. I really should start using it again! The only time I've "used" the Olympus OM in the last ten years is to send it in for servicing (CLA) until Oly SG stopped servicing them. Now I take them out once in a while to feel the shutter release. Oly was refered to as the Japanese Leica because it was/is a shall company compared to the other big names and the fact that their all mech OM-1 had a long run from 1972 till the late 1980's (I think 1989 but I could be wrong). Also the shutter release was somewhat like a leica. Even leica designers/tech admired the OM-1

The OM-1N is my all time favourite camera.

There's the very early and rare Olympus M-1, quickly followed by the OM-1, then OM-1 MD (Motor Drive), then the latest version which I have the OM-1N. I bought 2 of the bodies in 1985 (1) and 1986 (1). The third I bought second hand and actually paid more then either of the the first two. Crazy huh.

BTW OM stands for Olympus Maitani (Maitani was their chief designer and a photographer!) Leica engineers even paid him compliments when the first saw the OM-1 in 1972.

LOL N@Z, I will never sell the Leica IIIf. It's my dad's and he gave it to me. So you'll have to wait till I'm out of the picture and speak to either trouble n strife or little devil LOL. Benny is waiting to cash in on my LP collection.

Well, at least it's got my name on it oledy! HYAKS!

One of my staff at the office also uses an old Oly SLR as his work horse with one prime lens, one zoom lens & sunpax flash. You would balk at the way he treats it! He also has an FM2 which he doesn't use anymore. Have to get some shots of his gear next time he brings it along. He's our unofficial department's photographer.

laugh.gif the lounge area is becoming a camera forum tongue.gif

i counted a total of 5 camera treads laugh.gif

i like the silver/black Olympus, its a shame they stop making those, the newer film SLR from Olympus all look like space-ships or laser pistols yucky.gifhaha.gif

A little contribution from me:

Konica TC-X, manufactured from 1983 - 1985. Seen in picture with original Hexanon AR 50mm F1.8 Prime.

This camera is also a mechanical unit and works even without battery installed. Has built-in center-weighted light meter and Shutter Priority AE.

I bought this piece 2nd hand last year. Just loaded my first roll of film into it today for a steamboat dinner (camp event). I hope the pictures come out properly. Hehe..

user posted image