Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

20th Century History of Photography

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's possible to get Chromatic Abberation on film.. This is more of an issue with light conditions and the lens used..

Yup, you are right! Sorry for the confusion. CA is actually happen in film and digital because of the lens. That's why they have APO lens. But now pruple fringing in digital also called CA tongue.gif Purply fringing only hapen in digital wink.gif

However I felt that it is the pressing of the shuttle release that captures the moment and not really the touching up after that captures the moment.

You're right! The touch up / post processing is just the creativity option of the digital wink.gif Nothing to do with the precious moment happy.gif Considering the almost S$ 0.- operational cost with digital, people tends to take more fotos, hence capture more precious moment biggrin.gif

BTW Bram, the whole list of digital weaknesses u mentioned are they across the board for all digital types? Would the better design like those pro digital SLR hardware and software able to resolve some of those issues? Because at least at 8R I have not seen digital print out give obvious problem with those issue u mentioned. Maybe I have not seen enough.

As what Ken said, the better the equipment, the better they deal with that sort of weaknesses. Anyway for 8R print any prosumer digicam normally gives decent result.

I use to print 10R wide (10"x15") from my 4Mp G2 with 'good enough for me' result biggrin.gif

Higher end dSLRs with full frame sensor such as Canon EOS 1Ds suffer very little from narrow dynamic range, noise/grain or white balance tolerance.

Agree for noise and dynamic range, but white balance tolerance is still narrower than film. My friend has 1Ds (damn heavy) and the WB is still not impressive.

Edited by bpribadi

Bram, taking 1000 film shots per year and print 10R wide, are u a very serious amateur?

Edited by fuwen

Traveling, Friends wedding, Church events, etc. Quite easy to reach 30 rolls per year happy.gif

I like digital, because it means saving money for me biggrin.gif But it is true that in term of quality, it is difficult to beat cheap film SLR loaded with Velvia or Kodakchrome. But I'm not a perfectionist anymore, so digital fits my purpose well wink.gif

This is my oldest camera, and happened to be a Rollei.

Rolleiflex MX-EVS Type 2 75/3.5 Xenar (1955-1956), older than me.

Accompanied by a Rollei 35S (1974-1980).

post-4-1110063923.jpg

Edited by fuwen

Wow...they still look in great condition! You must have a very big drybox tongue.gif

Wow...they still look in great condition! You must have a very big drybox tongue.gif

kicking.gif

Fuwen's got more than 4 dry cabinets at his place..

Hey! Rameish, still waiting for your Rolleiflex photos. Maybe can give u an offer if they are the right models! LOL!

My staff's FM2. You would baulk at the way he treats it. He doesn't use a lens cap (but thankfully has a skylight filter fitted), the body & lens are riddled with dust at the crevises & he literally dropped it about nearly 1 foot high just to show me how robust it is! ohmy.gif

DSC_5043.jpg

This is his 80-200mm push-pull zoom lens. Notice the crack on the lens! He still uses it & the image is not affected, try that on a DSLR! The thing I like about this lens is, even though the lens will creep if you hold it vertically, the lens does not extend only the 1 touch grip moves along the barrel. It's a manual focus, the barrel will turn when focusing.

Like his FM2, it is equally riddled with dust. When I mentioned it to him he just took a piece of normal tissue paper & wiped it! Eventhough I offered to clean it with my cleaning kit! Hardcore man! party.gif

DSC_5041.jpg

Edited by N@Z

Not to thread jack, but there's this old(?) type of camera that have 4 lens/shutter and the photo that comes out contain 4 images on a single photo.

I'm no shutterbug so i dont really know what terms to use, was hoping that i could find out its name and could get my hands on it, if any of you guys can fathom what i was trying to say/ask.

TIA

Augustine

Not to thread jack, but there's this old(?) type of camera that have 4 lens/shutter and the photo that comes out contain 4 images on a single photo.

I'm no shutterbug so i dont really know what terms to use, was hoping that i could find out its name and could get my hands on it, if any of you guys can fathom what i was trying to say/ask.

TIA

Augustine

It's a Lomo camera. Do a search on Google for "Lomography" to find out more.

It's a Lomo, think the model is actionsampler. BTW It's not an old model... It's just like an iPod, a niche lifestyle camera if you will. Huge hardcore following worldwide, and quite expensive haha, but interesting nontheless. Famous for no viewfinders, not totally light-proof, and weird colors when you take pictures. biggrin.gif

Thats fast. I thought it was old as i read it quite sometime back in a magazine. Lomo...go google it now...

Wait...saw on in yahoo auction going at 20$...hmm....

Think i betta go read up bout it...

Thanks dude!