Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

20th Century History of Photography

Backside of the FM with DG-2 focusing aid for long lenses (adjustable diopter even)

post_4_1111068849.jpg

Edited by N@Z

Nikkormat EL (Nikon's first electronic camera with a back-up mech shutter speed of 1/90 sec - just in case you have battery failure). This camera features true mirror lock up capability.

Lens is a 35mm Nikkor 2.8 (silver nose)

post_4_1111069066.jpg

Edited by N@Z

You forgot to resize it maybe. Preferably 640x480 or 800x600 (or max 100kb). I'll do that for you.

I've read sum very great things about the 10mm OP fisheye lenses. It was originally designed with no light falloff in mind but it created sum very irregular distortion. Is that yours...and can i borrow? innocent.gif

N@Z,

Thanks for resizing.

QOO,

I hope you are kidding. If you want to know the rental charges for the 10mm OP fisheye PM me. Deposit required as well - damage it and kiss the deposit goodbye. Before you do read this:

http://www.nikon.co.jp/main/eng/society/nikkor/n06_e.htm

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardw...0mmopnikkor.htm

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/compa...eyes/10mmop.htm

No problemo boss.

Now I understand... I was wondering why the eyepiece is on top. It flips down in the 2nd last pic. DOH!

Make sure I'm the 'next-of-kin' for all those lovelies! wink.gif

N@Z,

My daughter took her first 2 pictures with a Sony T1 today (she's 3). Not too bad either, But all from low angle LOL. Me thinks if there's still film when she grows up she'll use it.

Try the 90-200 with your digital cam it's very decent for a Zoom and might work with a digital body as well.

QOO,

I hope you are kidding. If you want to know the rental charges for the 10mm OP fisheye PM me. Deposit required as well - damage it and kiss the deposit goodbye.

Rameish: I think you shouldn't bother.. Not that I don't think he can cough out the cash for it.. But that the D70 doesn't have Mirror Lock-up required to use the OP. =P

And you could have told me how much the lens cost before I was holding it the other day.. Sheesh..

After reading up, looks like i wont be able to borrow the lenses afterall. My cam doesnt support mirror lock up for picture taking, only ccd cleaning. What a waste. hammer.gif

Anyway Firefox, im done with ns so i dont know what my yearly allowance would be with the upgraded pay and all. Plus, half of my allowance is gone into my monthly payment for my cam!

Firefox, I think he was just kidding lah.

Mod Edit: I have deleted a couple of posts as I wish to keep certain things private and I did ask for further discussion to be via PM.

Lets keep this civil and more importantly on track please. All this talk about affordability, and references to how much people make is leaving a distaste.

So please post pictures of your ancient gear and give a description of it.

N@Z,

Accidently deleted a non-offending post by you. The one where you offered to help resize the pictures.

Edited by Rameish

These are my working cameras(left to right):

Rolleiflex SL66, made 1966 to 1982. Fully mechanical medium format 6x6 SLR, bellow focusing. Bellow is able to tilt. The bellow has 50mm extension so act also as a build-in macro tube. The standard lens 80/2.8 can be reverse mounted without additional attachment or accesories.

Rolleiflex SL 2000 F, made 1981 to 1986. Fully electronic 35mm SLR with build-in vertical finder, 3 fps motor drive (or winder) and modular film magazine like medium format camera. TTL flash possible.

Rollei 35RF, a very recent rebadged Cosina. Fully mechanical range finder using Leica M39 lens or M bayonet lens. Top speed 1/2000, flash syn 1/125, comes with a 40/2.8 Sonnar that is exactly the same lens used on the Rollei 35 S I have posted. Shutter is far from quiet though.

post-4-1113877820.jpg

Edited by fuwen

Yes I remember.... seems like only yesterday when I went to the Photography Show to ogle at the then brand new Rolleiflex SL 2000 F when it was launched. 35mm format with the feel of a medium format camera. But I coudent afford it as I was serving NS and we were paid $90 a month before the various compulsory "taxes" like for the haircut...pipe cleaner...extra boot polish...spray starch etc. Minus bus fare and the occational canteen makan and there was nothing left.

Yeah cosina cameras are noisy. Hope it's better built then the modern day Voitlanders (also built by cosina).

Hi! Rameish, lucky that u can have a close look at the then newly launched SL 2000 F. I cannot remember what was I doing then in I think was 1981-1982? Oh yes I was studying in Junior College and must be very busy in the Chinese Orchestra then. I could not afford any camera stuff until my 2nd year in NUS where I got some spare money from industrial attachement and bought my first camera: Praktica BC-1 (1984) with a 50/1.8 Pentacon for $350(shown in the photo is a 55/2.8 macro Prakticar). Not aware that Praktica was actually East German but nevertheless no regret as the lens quality is very good. Not really so with the body but mine has been working till today and no problem.

I do remember eyeing at Rollei stuff when I was in secondary school. The one on the left the Rolleiflex SL 35E (1978 - 1982). Never even ask price but luckily never otherwise sure had fainted! This is a very nice looking and compact camera but however lots of electronic problem so should be avoided.

post-4-1113876036.jpg

Edited by fuwen