Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

20th Century History of Photography

And here's some of my very first macro pics taken using the FM3A, 35mm lens, 36mm extension tube, external flash, handheld:

Pics

This setup gave me roughly life-size magnification(1:1) but very little working distance(3cm or less!)

Edited by av98m

now that my d70 is hospitalised for a week or so, I am thinking of trying film cameras.. preferably manual as they're more reliable tongue.gif

any recommendation esp. from the Nikon side that is not too ex? tongue.gif

now that my d70 is hospitalised for a week or so, I am thinking of trying film cameras.. preferably manual as they're more reliable tongue.gif

any recommendation esp. from the Nikon side that is not too ex? tongue.gif

Go buy a FM2n or FM3A then... Just note that your D70 kit lense cannot be used on film bodies..

yeah am aware of that, actually thinking of getting the 28mm/2.8 to go along with it. Btw any idea any shop that still sell manual lenses(if there r still any) ? wink.gif CP?

hmm ... looking ard fm2n seems like a better choice.. kinder to my wallet too lol.gif

Edited by Blues

I think there is a FM2N on sale on clubsnap. A FM also. Do a search and good luck!

If possible borrow one to play with first. You might not want to touch it anymore after your D70 comes back!

good pt lol.gifblush.gif ..

ok will see if I can borrow others' to play first ... party.gif

Warning: once you've handled the FM2N or FM3A, the plastic D70 body will feel cheapish by comparison! And then you'll want a dslr of the same build quality! lol.gif

panic.gif .............. hope that will not happen hammer.gif

Is it breaking the rules to say I have a FE2 black body for sale in this thread??? tongue.gif

Is it breaking the rules to say I have a FE2 black body for sale in this thread???  tongue.gif

Maybe you can try contacting this guy:

WTB FE2 ad

Hey thanks, av98m. Who knows, maybe I can afford to join the dark side after this... biggrin.gif

Yes, the Nikkor 105mm AI(S) is a f2.5 lense.. Know an ex-owner of the lense.. He sold it to another person whom I know online.. LOL..

Coincidentally, both live within 5 min walk from my place. The former runs the Kodak minilab/ studio near my place and the person who bought the lense is also his customer.. LOL...

Hi! Firefox, I think I just bought some stuff some the one operating the colorlab. A friendly young man!

Hi! Firefox, I think I just bought some stuff some the one operating the colorlab. A friendly young man!

From Kex in Clubsnap? Heh... Friendly guy, yea..

finally got film SLR.. not fm2n...

at an even cheaper price, I got mint f80D+batt pack laugh.gif ..

can't wait to shoot tml.. tongue.gif