ablaze

Lets change servers and get our own domain name!

Will you pay $1-$2 to kickstart the move?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK guys, here's what I'm thinking.

since this forum is finally coming alive. I'm suggesting we register our own www.sgheadphones.com domain name (instead of living under my cryophilia domain rolleyes.gif)

and more importantly, move to a less problematic host.

if people are able to contribute $1-$2 (and we'll see from the results of the poll how much that'd amount to)

this should be very much do-able. so..please vote if you support the idea.

I'm thinking also, that we look for something that provides a yearly fee for hosting as well as domain name registration, so that this initial outlay will be able to get us up and running for a year. For those hosting-savvy people, please do contribute some suggestions on where we can do this. thanks smile.gif

Isn't there any local/regional host that are reliable?

ablaze, just as a suggestion we will need a stable and very reliable host servers since money is concerned. Cheap rates can be disasterous sometimes and the more expensive ones tend to be daylight robbery! IMO

Somebody should investigate!

ok lah. $1-2 for a year is not too bad. but can get something nearer so that speed can be faster? this is sg headphones after all.

zen, matbon, anything's do-able, BUT you guys gotta supply some links or something. I can't/don't have time to do all this searching myself..so whatever you all suggest. sure no prob. BUT help me out with some links too lah yes.gif

probably paypal or electronic transfer. but thats later..lets see if there're enough people for this idea first sleep.gif