jasonhanjk

Guide to fix up a Cmoy 2

EDIT: I was wondering, if there are any techniques to prevent the hook up wires from breaking>

Use stranded wires, they are less likely to break than solid core wire. If you have no stranded wire, try not to bend the wires again and again.

Use multistrand wire instead of a single strand.

For resistor, you should measure some value using a meter with resistance setting.

For cap, you measure something at first then resistance value will slowly go up and become infinity.

I've a solder sucker (my bros). I successfully removed 1 stump, but the rest remains no matter how hard I tried.

i used a toothpick or single core wire (2.5mm electrical wire - bare copper) and push whatever left over stumps out the other side tongue.gif

for resistors i use the copper wires, let the stumps stick to the copper wire on the other side and cut off what remains, this will also remove the solder thats on the PCB and giv u a "new hole" smile.gif

pardon my newbie question. i know nuts about op amps and all this stuff but would like to try putting one together.

you mentioned putting the opamps in sockets makes it easy to test other opamps. are the pinouts the same for all opamps? or maybe i should ask what other opamps are pin-compatible with the OPA2134PA?

I fixed up my CMOY already but now there is a problem. Whenever I plug in my battery, the battery gets really really hot after a while. the voltage measured across the battery clip is around 1+V....

The music also came out really really soft.

I used all the reccomended components except different caps. What should I do?

user posted image

Also, where do I get nice looking knobs?

Edited by Username

The knobs you get from SLT, bring your amp along and do a fit test. Need to push quite hard at first to get it in.

As for your amp, use a multimeter and measure the resistance across the V+ and V- without the battery, what do you get?

Can post a picture from the plan view?

pardon my newbie question. i know nuts about op amps and all this stuff but would like to try putting one together.

you mentioned putting the opamps in sockets makes it easy to test other opamps. are the pinouts the same for all opamps? or maybe i should ask what other opamps are pin-compatible with the OPA2134PA?

All opamps are not the same, you have to read a datasheet to find out whether their pinout are the same.

Try search LM6171 and OPA2134 datasheet and see for yourself... smile.gif

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gifblink.gifwacko.gifohmy.gifno.gifno.gif

UPDATE... OPAMP still breathing... whistling.gif

Newb mistake blush.gif

Thanks Jason, it was really nice of you to help me trouble shoot. yes.gif

Now I can yawn.gif happy...

EEEks...

I think I blew the OPAMP... there are two channels, but I can only hear mono instead of stereo.

Help? again?

Edited by Username

All opamps are not the same, you have to read a datasheet to find out whether their pinout are the same.

Try search LM6171 and OPA2134 datasheet and see for yourself... smile.gif

hmm..so not exactly just straightforward replacement huh? some resoldering of the sockets might be required? ok i'll go look up the datasheets. thanks smile.gif

Check input jack connection, got fully insert?

Try pluck all opamp out leaving one and do listening test.

Or maybe you connect your input and output wrong again. laugh.gif

Alvin, why need resoldering on the sockets?

>Check input jack connection, got fully insert?

Check...

>Try pluck all opamp out leaving one and do listening test.

When I leave LM6717 in, no sound at all.

When I leave OP2134 in the socket near the capacitors, crackling sound

When I leave op2134 in the socket further from the capacitors, crackling sound

no.gif

EDIT: Question, is the LM6717 the furthest OPAMP down stream?

Edited by Username