jasonhanjk

Guide to fix up a Cmoy 2

Guest starushz

maybe the opa2228 slew rate might be too slow for audio output?

Anyway will using larger value of capacitors for the power reservoir (1000uf in this case) be beneficial to the sound?

hey folks, i had a little question...

i am planning on building this nice amp as a first time diy project, and i am having trouble finding a certain part.

it are the sockets for the OPA2134's and the LM6171, i wanted to order it all at farnell and this is the only part i cant find there :S

all i could find was this, and i really don't know if i can use it...

can you give me some advice?

hey folks, i had a little question...

i am planning on building this nice amp as a first time diy project, and i am having trouble finding a certain part.

it are the sockets for the OPA2134's and the LM6171, i wanted to order it all at farnell and this is the only part i cant find there :S

all i could find was this, and i really don't know if i can use it...

can you give me some advice?

Hmm, I thought the other more knowledgeable DIYers will answer this. As long as it says 8-way and is a DIP or DIL socket, it should be ok. Problem is, I never need to mail order this item as it is so easily available from the shops here, so I am not sure of the specs exactly.

Edited by heady

Guest starushz

When i off or on the amp it creats a pop sound in the heaedphone. will it spoil the headphone?

Through my knowledge, no. I always recommend people to power up their unit first for a minute then plug in the headphone jack. To be on the safe side.

quick question..

any suggestions for audio input and output sockets? those i got looked ok until i tried to fit them into the suggested hammond 1593p case. one of sockets is being obstructed by the lm6171 and its dip socket. putting on the side might be possible but i think also tight squeeze.

i'm wonder if i can get a smaller socket. those small ones i found so far are non-stereo jacks.

Guest starushz
Through my knowledge, no. I always recommend people to power up their unit first for a minute then plug in the headphone jack. To be on the safe side.

ok thanks will keep that in mind

happy.gif

user posted image

You have to put the jacks on left side of the casing. Front for on-off switch, vol knob and led.

Edited by jasonhanjk

quick question..

any suggestions for audio input and output sockets? those i got looked ok until i tried to fit them into the suggested hammond 1593p case. one of sockets is being obstructed by the lm6171 and its dip socket. putting on the side might be possible but i think also tight squeeze.

i'm wonder if i can get a smaller socket. those small ones i found so far are non-stereo jacks.

I managed to fit the input and output jacks and the vol pot with built-in switch into the front panel. But you really need the pot with built-in switch otherwise they won't fit.

user posted image

Edited by heady

You have to put the jacks on left side of the casing. Front for on-off switch, vol knob and led.

thanks! mine look like the pair on top left. do you have the part numbers for the other 2 pairs? i might order from farnell...no time to go sim lim tower these 2 weeks.

I managed to fit the input and output jacks and the vol pot with built-in switch into the front panel. But you really need the pot with built-in switch otherwise they won't fit.

hey.. very nice! smile.gif

where did you get that volume pot from? i was looking for it. available at farnell?

oh that reminds me..i need to get a vol knob. right now my cmoy2 installed in a name card box with tippex cap for a knob whistling.gif