jasonhanjk

Guide to fix up a Cmoy 2

Hey heady, I just went to Metro Causeway just now and found that they have 1 altoid left, bought it at $5.15. The last time I went, there were new stocks of altoids, but they usually don't stock alot. So if you ever need altoid tins and do not want to come all teh way to I see if I can buy for you. wink.gif

Thanks username, I just got my friends to get 4 boxes from UK, two Altoids and two Marks&Spencers. But he got back one for an amp for himself as payment. happy.gif Thanks for your thoughts.

Hey guys, I thiknk I am done trying to figure out how to case my CMOY, I would pay if anyone case make a hammond case with drilled holes for me.

I can't drill at home, my parents would not allow.

So if you have time to help me out, quote me a price (with the case) please. Thanks. happy.gif

Hi

Justed finnished mine that has travelled half way around the world to Sweden and is now pleasing my ears with great music!! party.gif As you see i managed to get the wrong size of the LM6171....... but luckily i have been following this forum for a while and have been reading bpribadi's great post about converting to DIL sockets so i followed that and it worked at first power up. Thanks to all that made this nice little PCB reality.user posted image.

/Anders

Hi

Justed finnished mine that has travelled half way around the world to Sweden and is now pleasing my ears with great music!! party.gif As you see i managed to get the wrong size of the LM6171....... but luckily i have been following this forum for a while and have been reading bpribadi's great post about converting to DIL sockets so i followed that and it worked at first power up. Thanks to all that made this nice little PCB reality.

/Anders

Great job.

I tried when i was in SG in january but i had the unluck to be there on a sunday and all stores at the Adelphi was closed so i was only able to go around and watch through the windows........

Edited by secanbj

Haha sorry I'm so new at this. Even though you suggested 100mA can i use this ac adapter? 12VDC @ 300mA? Also what gauge is good to wire up the amp do you think? Also what gain do you think is for sennheiser 650 and AKG K501? I will need a higher gain than 2 (I want to use a pot too)? thanks alot!

Edited by Natsuiro

300mA is good too. A normal 18 gauge will do. Once you are novice enough you can try other exoctic stuff. biggrin.gif

I use gain of 2 for my HD600. You can try to a max of 5 if you use a DVD player to watch movie.

gah this is very annoying. When I went to my local shop they didn't have any Wima 1uF 50V caps.. only 1uF 400V caps. So I bought some cheap electrolytic 1uF 50V caps. I can use them instead of the Wimas since wimas have no polarity right? Will it make the sound quality very poor?

What source are you using? Most of them already have an output cap so you can just short across the input cap on Cmoy 2.

For power decoupling; C3, C4 and C5 need 0.1uF ceremic cap.

Jason, if using electrolytic as input cap, does the polarity matter? In other words, does it matter which way you place the cap? I have used Oscons as input caps and they don't sound so bad.