jasonhanjk

Guide to fix up a Cmoy 2

Thank god you are a newbie. That means I have to put more effort in the guide... wink.gif

See the attach opamp picture, this is how they count their legs. The one that you shade is pin 2, 6 and 7.

There are basically 2 type of configuration. Power from dual electrical supply (+12, -12 and 0V) or battery (9V).

Seems to me you are going for battery operation. You are not required to short anything, just insert your LM6171 and solder will do. When you get a battery holder, there is only red and black color. Insert the red into V+ and black into V-.

post-12-1110556066.jpg

are the holes i shaded the right ones? 2,3 and 6.

so i short  2 and 3 under the board, then insert the LM6171 ontop of the board?

and whats 0v wire mean? where does the other end of the 0v wire go to? do i connect it to the case?

sorry i'm such a newbie >_> , and thanks in advance smile.gif

You have shaded holes 2,6 and 7. Hole 1 is the first hole at bottom to the right of the notch (next to letter "L") and you continue to count in an anticlockwise direction.

If you are adding the LM6171, you don't need to short anything. If you are not using the LM6171, then you need to short only holes 2 & 3.

0V is the virtual ground but you can ignore this, just connect the ground OG to the ground of the output jack and you are alright.

Edited by heady

i think some people may hav misunderstood your pics jason smile.gif

if u hav the caps on the LM6171 position then u don't need the LM6171 opamp

user posted image

the LM6171 is another opamp that will take up the space, but its optional

BTW - Jason, where did you get those Wima caps? Here in SG? Thx.

SLT, but no more selling. I still hold a lot.

Update crosstalk and increase power to 18mW. tongue.gif

Edited by jasonhanjk

Thx Huangyong, have tried Koba already. No 1uF 63V, all bigger than that. I have some Evox/Rifa polyester at that size but no polypropylene. no.gif

Yes, you can still use them but they maybe a bit dim. You can try out first by plucking in one LED.

Anode is another name positive.

post-12-1110889631.jpg

Haha... This remind me of my own stupid DIY mistake... tongue.gif

I think you may mant to use a new LED 'cos the live might have reduce by half.... Why you wanted to bypass the resistor? For more brightness you can get ultra bright LED.