jasonhanjk

Guide to fix up a Cmoy 2

This question probably has an obvious answer, but I am wondering why can't you use a Wima polypro square cap instead of the Panasonic electrolytic? Is it because of size? I have seen a Wima in a 1000uf. Thanks for your help guys.

DB

dbwinger - I have never seen a 1000uF film cap, muchless a polypropylene one. Where did you see the monster? I am curious. Can't even find a 1uF 63V polypropylene cap which is small enough to fit into mint tins.

For more brightness you can get ultra bright LED.

Try LED from the LED torchlight, it is much brighter and need higher voltage biggrin.gif Or for extreme birghtness, use Luxeon LED laugh.gif Your amp will become LED torchlight with headphone amp laugh.gif

There's such volume controls which can also turn off the power when you turn it all the way down.

They are no more than a vol pot build together with a SPST switch since the two items are electronically totally independant.

UGH. I spoilted the PCB... must get a new one... all my hook up wires broke off leaving the stumps in there. no.gif

Usually you can remove the solder by using a combination of solder sucker and solder wick. Then the wires should drop out. No need to get new pcb.

If you really can't manage that, I am sure someone will help you. If you stay near Tampines, I can help you with removing the solder.

I've a solder sucker (my bros). I successfully removed 1 stump, but the rest remains no matter how hard I tried.

I'll go out later to buy some solder wicks and stock up on solder and try again. Thanks for the cost saving advice laugh.gif

EDIT: is there a way to check for damaged components?

Edited by Username

I've a solder sucker (my bros). I successfully removed 1 stump, but the rest remains no matter how hard I tried.

I'll go out later to buy some solder wicks and stock up on solder and try again. Thanks for the cost saving advice laugh.gif

EDIT: is there a way to check for damaged components?

Sometimes the best way to suck up the solder is to add more solder first and then suck the molten solder. Try it.

the amp sounds great! biggrin.gif

i don't know all the terms you audiophiles use.. so umm probably the only thing i can describe is .. more bass!

but then again, i haven't heard other amps before.. so i can't make any comparison haha

i'm working on a cmoy.. so maybe i can make a comparison when i'm done with that headphone.gif

Jason: I want to check all my resistors, capacitors and caps. I don't want to install teh volume pot only to realise that some components are damaged by heat.

EDIT: I was wondering, if there are any techniques to prevent the hook up wires from breaking>

Edited by Username