Sign in to follow this  
pcking

Repair/replace Sony headphones's rubber earpads ?

Hi all,

a friend who is composing/arranging music uses a old but still running good Sony Monitoring headphone similar to the one show here. It's has 40mm diameter driver units.

Unfortunately, the rubber or vinyl or whatever the material of the earpads are tearing off as days goes by. I have advised him to change to a new set but he simply likes it very much even after using it for a least more than 5 years.

So I was tasked to ask around if there is any way to repair or better still replace the 2 earpads with any other replacement pads of other makes n models.

If anyone has any suggestions, pls share. tongue.gif

Thanks.

You can try calling or emailing Sony Service Centre to enquire if you can order the earpads as spare parts. I've got my Eggo MDR-D22SL earpads replaced in this manner too.

You can try calling or emailing Sony Service Centre to enquire if you can order the earpads as spare parts. I've got my Eggo MDR-D22SL earpads replaced in this manner too.

Thanks for your advice. I have got the quote from Sony n will be going down to place an order. tongue.gif