idkfa

Sharp MD-33s & others Group buy

Here we go again.

Back by popular demand and I'm taking new orders for the Sharp MD33s.

Depending on the number of people buying, shared EMS shipping costs will vary. Shipping by EMS will be at SGD$15.00.(I can only squeeze 3 units into one EMS envelope. For EMS using BOX, it'll slightly be more than SGD$20.00, and I can put in about 6~ units. After sharing, probably a few dollars each, depending on shipping platform.)

1 unit of Sharp MD33s will costs SGD$52.00 after 5% Japanese Tax.

Other makes of ear/headphones, kindly PM or reply here.

Payment by POSB transfer please. =]

Interestees, kindly reply.

post-3-1113194128.jpg

Edited by idkfa

hi idkfa,

Is this a new series or an update of the HP-MD33s? I've not seen Sharp updating this model for quite a while.

I've them for more than a year already when they were just released and the buds and package pictured above looked exactly like what I've got for last year. It's a 4-pole design, instead of the usual 3-pole and it's meant to mate well with their 4-pole design MD players, eg. MD DS-8.

I bought it at S$63 and I had Min Hwa from Bluetin to import it for me from Japan. So technically speaking, you can get it from Singapore.

If you would like to try out the sound, just give me a PM, I'm using it for my DS-8.

Well, yes, it's excatly the same MD-33s(four pole) version. I was going to look for a conversion plug to accompany it too. Actually I only saw the hoo-haa while in Head-Fi regarding this earphone and I thought I'll help anyone interested in getting them from here. It'll definiitely be cheaper than the S%63 they quoted you. I am looking at S$50ish dollars.

I didn't know it was a year old product. Those ppl in Head-Fi are always renewing old things eh? biggrin.gif

Btw, did you get the 4 to 3 pole converters in singapore and how much? Maybe the others want to know too.

Best rgds,

I remembered it came with a 3 pole extension wire which you can use for conversion as well. I will check it out tonight and get back to you.

I made a comparision here previously, between the HP-MD33 and the Panasonic's HE50. The HP-MD33 really shines when you pair it with a 4-pole MD player.

My 2 cents worth.

Please do a short recommendation here if you can to justify if it's worth getting. Others will sure be interested to know. Thanks!

I've been using them since November last yr when my Sonys broke. Much much better than the EX-71s. Tighter bass, crystal clear mids. Only downside is a slightly metallic sound, which can be dampened with a simple reversible mod. Also bought from bluetin for $71 (incl shipping). Quite sure Singapore not selling as I spent an entire day searching for it. tongue.gif

i had them before, now getting another pair as i lost them.

i would order from bluetin if they had stock.

when would u order them? biggrin.gif

Well, I'll get them if there is at least 4 person~ who's interested. You guys will save on shipping and also costs. I think it'll be ard S$50 odd if anyone's interested. Will go and chk the shops again.

hi idkfa,

I've checked my box and yes, it comes with a 4-pole to 3-pole converter which is 1m in length. I can't remember if I posted a review here or in mindisct.com, more likely in the latter as the MD community has a greater interest in them.

Well, so it's cool then. Northern Oak, thanks so much for the info. Love to see your review too!! Can?

Interested buyers, pls list your names. Hopefully this $50~ earphone can bring some happiness. happy.gif

actually i've emailed bluetin about the availability of the sharp plugs.

they have yet to reply. it'll be great if this group buy works out!