domi33

Capacitors

I can get flwg capicators:

Black Gate type BG polarized

Black Gate type BG-C polarized

Black Gate type BG-N (-NX) not polarized

ELNA RFS SILMIC II polarized

Electrolitic Philips BC type 135 and type 136

I think philips and ELNA are good for power reservoir, and Black Gate to used for coupling stages (non polarized), and for decoupling. It is right?

What kind of amp? I usually prefer film type (polypropylene) capacitors to electrolytics for coupling signals. I would also parallel film and electrolytic together for the best signal frequencies to come through. You really can't go wrong with any of those choices for power caps. No such thing as overkill in audio so use the most expensive blackgates. The only conflict might be that blackgates are abnormally large for its voltage and capacitance so you may end up requiring quite a few compared to elna's for power. biggrin.gif

Polyester > aluminium > tantulum

Poly cap have the least distortion follow by alu and tant.

Disadavtanges of poly cap is they come in lower capacitance.

Dokebi, it's for the 3 channel OP based amp from digi01. Can I use ELNA SILMIC for C1 (1000 uf) just after the TLE2426, or would you put another type? and with voltage, I think 35v is enough for 2x9v batteries supply. I intend to put BlACKGATE in place of WIMA cap (1 uf), but is there a real audio quality increase compared to the price increase?

Thks Jasonkanjk for the info.

Dokebi, it's for the 3 channel OP based amp from digi01. Can I use ELNA SILMIC for C1 (1000 uf) just after the TLE2426, or would you put another type? and with voltage, I think 35v is enough for 2x9v batteries supply. I intend to put BlACKGATE in place of WIMA cap (1 uf), but is there a real audio quality increase compared to the price increase?

Thks Jasonkanjk for the info.

If you use for DC coupling, I will advise you to use alu cap / blackgate with a max value of 470uF. The distortion is normally at the lower freq range. Increase the cap value and the distortion will go below 20Hz. Do not increase the cap too much as there will be current leakage.

Jasonhanjk,

Here is the schematics from digi01. May I put ELNA SILMIC 1000uF for C1+/C1-?

Which voltage (written on the cap)? I rebember have read that twice to power supply voltage is to be choosen (Here we have as power supply +9 0 -9).

Can I put Blackgate BG-N 1uF in lieu of WIMA 1uF, any audio benefit?

3channel op schem

The power is DC with qty 2 x 9V batteries. This is original power supply, 18v with 2 9v batteries, then a TLE 2426 to get +9v/-0v and 0v/-9V, a 1000 uF capa between each rail and virtual gnd as per digi01 and Morsel shematics.