Sign in to follow this  
RonTheMan

Norah Jones DVD

Not sure if this is the correct forum. But anyhow, spotted Norah Jones DVD Live in New Orleans being sold at Jurong point on the ground floor for $12.90 each. 2 for $20. Sold by a company called Art Laser. Seems that the DVDs are from China thus the cheap prices.

The quality is quite good. Only limited amount of singers available. Elton John, Diana Krall, Britney Spears and Westlife.

It's DVD video apparently, more of HT rather than hi-fi maybe? I've seen some footage of Norah Jones performing life and she's pretty good, almost sounded like the studio version. Perhaps she was lip-synching, but didn't seem like it.

I am so far away from china presses cds/dvds after I got my "new" interpretation of Lisa Ekdahl at SGD$8 a cd. Never am I going back for china presses. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

p.s.(apparently the staff in Gramaphone did reveal to me that they too know that the china presses are superbly inferior. Only worth getting are the china artists in china presses. Other than that, a quote from them "Avoid them like disease!")

I have 2 other original DVD concerts. Namely, Eagles - Hell Freezes Over and Barry Manilow - Manilow Live!. Comparing the Norah Jones DVD to them, the quality seems to be on par. In fact, will be going down to get the Diana Krall and also another copy of the Norah Jones for my brother-in-law.

Perhaps she was lip-synching, but didn't seem like it.

You certainly are very perceptive. When watching a few songs on the DVD, sometimes the movement of her mouth does not match the sound. Maybe it's her way of singing.

That's really great if you got a good china dvd press. I wonder what happened to mine...Do get more and tell us the quality. If they are good, I'll prob go ask my friends to get them too.

As for the lip-sync...pretty normal isn't it? All fake lah. Live but they didn't mention "live-singing" just "live" hahaha...

As for the lip-sync...pretty normal isn't it? All fake lah. Live but they didn't mention "live-singing" just "live" hahaha...

It looks like she is lip-syncing cause the words and the mouth movement do not sync at time. However this could also be due to the way she sings. Will be getting more tonight. But IMHO the Norah Jones one worth getting. However, make sure you have heard and like her songs. My wife complain that it is too slow, making her very sleepy. She prefers Ricky Martin! Unfortunately, they don't carry his music.

Perhaps she was lip-synching, but didn't seem like it.

You certainly are very perceptive. When watching a few songs on the DVD, sometimes the movement of her mouth does not match the sound. Maybe it's her way of singing.

Hmmm I haven't seen the DVD you've got, but that didn't happen on some other footage I saw on MTV, or maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. There was a very "raw" feel to the sound which is telling of a live recording.

Edited by Absolute0

Anyway as a update to this post, I went to get Diana Krall, Elton John, Britney Spears. The Diana Krall and Britney Spears DVD are alright, similar in standard to Norah Jones. However the quality of the Elton John one is quite bad. Imagine, 20+ songs on 1 DVD. In addition, the Elton one comes with 2 CDs! So, dont get the Elton John DVD unless you are a fan or want the cds.