Teaken

Which headphone to go with portable mp3/cd player?

lol.. sipher maybe we can start team 'Team Che@p KOs5' soon

hehe.. the lower budget recommendation shall be flooded with our 'recommendations'

hehehhe tongue.gif

yeah!

i always recommend the people at hwz the ksc-50,55 since their budget is mostly around $100.

u seldom go hwz nowadays?

got.. but not much liao lah

hahaha kinda sianz.. I go there nowadays just search for my nick and post there

seldom post in new threads liao biggrin.gif

u leh?

yeah I agree.. most of the people start with ard 100 or less.. and they want good sound.. so koss loh tongue.gif

i still got go there to read about what's happening in the PC world.

hehe

true..

actually I am kinda disconnected from the pc world

now dunno until like 3 ghz liao or what.. the pc is moving so fast

Eversince I got my lappy I stopped finding hardware reviews/benchmarks/technology liao... coz it's of no benefit to me anymore..

2-3 years ago back, I could still remember how active I was in tweak3d.net (hardware forum) and spend hours just to look at the new graphic card and the review. .. in the end also never buy

mauaahhahaha

I want to go back someday to pc too.. coz it's cheaper and more powerful than lappy.. but right now I have no space in my room sad2.gif

lol!! actually I find that there is not really a point to go siao like some people

once in every few months change processor, mobo, gfx..

I find that even my friend's(last yr assembled) 1.7 ghz, gf 3 ti200, 512 ram is so good/fast already!! somemore he seldom defrags it laugh.gif

uh.. but maybe it's because I've been living with my lappy which is a lil slow.. so everything around me seems to work faster lol.gif

once you've saved your money from the pc upgradeitis, you can use it for the audio. The good news is that you do not have to keep upgrading in the audio world. I see that you're getting the cd63Ki soon.. it will last you for quite some time. Next you should look for an amp or something.. meta42 is great.. you can probably ask firefox to build 1 for u(if he's free). Then headphone is next, but it should be easy and there's plenty of choices biggrin.gif

All these will become a keeper, until you decide to go for a better sound. But don't be like me lol.. don't purposely go and listen to all the rs-1 and stuffs.. you would be spoilt and in no real time, you will find yourself at the music by design(grado dealer) and keying in your nets

lol.giflol.giflol.gif !!

hehe

cant stand those guys. now i rather spend the money on head fi stuff

headphone.gif

which guys do you refer to? pc guys? blink.gif

Guy, i'm refering to PC guys!

actually i'm very curious about how the high-end cans sound like!!

Edited by Sipher

lol.. actually it's ok lah if you want to listen

I mean.. if say you fall in luve with rs-1.. you will work/save for it. Then it will be worthwhile.

I am saving up now.. but I guess it will be years before I can finally get my hands on those hi-end cans

don't forget to pay attention to other eqpmtns in the chain too.. say if u upgrade to hi end cans, you must upgrade ur source or amp to(to almost equivalent the price of the cans itself, this way it will be proportional and well balanced, copyrighted by rameish biggrin.gif )

ok

i guess i will need to complete my NS n find a perm job before i can go into high-end!!

headphone.gif

What I do is as much as I can, buy the stuff second hand!

Haggle your friend to sell you one of his head amp and you got the ball rolling. Then comes the decision on which Headphone to get sigh!

My Ety's are less than SGD 500 shipped from the states, now I call that a bargain smoke.gif

correct

if possibl,get 2nd hand .. especially headphone

there is no point in really becoming the first owner(unless you are v rich). Also 2nd hand headphone also has much less failure rate compared to say cdp or even amp. It's safe to buy it even 2nd biggrin.gif

for cdp you have to try and get 1st.. much safer. For amp.. also better to be 1st. You can never know if the owner has swapped all the good components, leaving cheapo no named parts inside

and you are paying premium!! lol.giflol.gif