Sign in to follow this  
Firefox

Any requests for amps?

I'm currently clearing leave and off and will be relatively free.. Aside from building a clock or two, I've not much diy work.

I still have quite an inventory and have enough cases to build a few amps.

I'm now asking if anyone's interested in something like an RA-1 or XP7 or other amps of my own design? Have Holcos & Vishay Dales and caps to build both.. Not to mention several cases.. I need to clear space before my mum nags again.. LOL..

I'm now asking if anyone's interested in something like an RA-1 or XP7 or other amps of my own design?

You build XP-7's? Wow I would be interested if you do. Actually I was under the impression that Ray Samuels guards his amp designs very closely, exemplified by his refusal to reveal the op-amps (and even painting over the part number IIRC) used in the SR-71 for those who still remember the heated argument on head-fi some time ago. And it would be good to learn more about your own designs too! yes.gif

Eh, that means my clock is done I hope? Ready to be installed this weekend? wink.gif

You wish.. Haha.. Actually... Depends on my mood tomorrow.. LOL..

Teaser shot..

Half the power supply:

user posted image

lol.

Firefox, just curious, how much of the RS XP-7's sonics will ur version sound like?

lol.

Firefox, just curious, how much of the RS XP-7's sonics will ur version sound like?

It won't and can't deviate much.. The design is rather simple and I'm not going to be using worse parts.. In fact, some of the parts are better like Holco's & Cardas GRFA & Neutrik Locking Jacks.

Most of the XP7's & RA-1's sonics come from a well thought out KISS design..