Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

Mutil-Hybrid Amp

when i read Mutihybrid Amp thread in Headwize, it reminded me about XCAN V1 & V2, small tube amp using wallwart. what a innovative design, should be easy and should sound nice with a lot of 2nd Harmonic Distortion too. happy.gif

one of the unique design of this is using adjustable Constant Current Source; which means it will provide the constant current irregardless of the impedance change. and, free to adjust the current of both channel; to tweak the gain. even a non-matched tube can sound really nice after some tweaking to make them have similar gain.

on a free Sat morning, spent 2 hours finishing the barebone of the amp, without a dedicated PSU yet.

here is the finished barebone. ths sound, warm, smooth, relax and the seperation of instrument is suprisingly good. soundstage wise, highs tend to sound futher from the lows, that's make a very special kind of soundtage.

user posted image

user posted image

Looks very interesting rolleyes.gif Don't mind share the headwize link and more information wink.gif

Yes, this is Sijosae's Hybrid amp, but with mods here and there to make it better. There're 3 threads in HeadWize currently discussing the amp, pls visit there for more information. My version is the combination of option 1 and 2 in the thread. I strongly recommend using CCS in the amp.

domi33, the layout drawn by Sijosae is available in Headwize.

bpribadi, sorry, using school's computer now, not allow to open multiple window, very difficult to copy and paste.

Latest update, SOVTEK 6922 sounds better than Jan Phillips 6922.