Sign in to follow this  
Guest starushz

Mod for grado headband?

Guest starushz

Is there anything to help with the discomfort for the headband? My head's top is not really round. Its more pointed at the middle and the headbands rest on that points. Its very uncomfortable. So is there any thing i can do with it?

I'm just wondering, is it possible to get the headband pads from the Sennheisers HD580/600/650 (or anything similar)?

Maybe it's possible to stick them to the underside of the Grado's headband.

go to watsons. look for ladyjane bendyrollers. its stuff women use for curling their hair. its a foamed tube with a hollow canal which holds a bendable metal bar. pull foam back, cut off bar and you have a very flexible and soft foamed tube-btw its blue in colour - take 2 of these and stick them to the grado headband. tweak costs about $6. dont like it - give the rest of the foamed tubes to your significant other. or use them as equipment supports. im using these on my senn 600 and theyre perfect and cheap cheap.

Guest starushz

good idea...will go take a look when i have the time

thanks

i read somewhere in some forum that Beyerdynamics sells a headband that can also be used on the Grado..... where where unsure.gif

I bought a cheap yellow ear protector to protect from noise from the diy shop.

The headband I took out and use cable tie to secure it on my grado headband.

Total cost 6.50 for the ear protector.

Talk about resurrecting an old thread. But it's a good one. That sure is a good idea. Thanks cyberwill75.

I bought a cheap yellow ear protector to protect from noise from the diy shop.

The headband I took out and use cable tie to secure it on my grado headband.

Total cost 6.50 for the ear protector.

cool, sounds like a great idea!

Guest dragonboy

Is there anything to help with the discomfort for the headband? My head's top is not really round. Its more pointed at the middle and the headbands rest on that points. Its very uncomfortable. So is there any thing i can do with it?

I remember there was this Jmoney comfy headband for Grado made with l soft lamb skin.