Sign in to follow this  
Firefox

Film Camera Thread..

Leica... I can only dream of such high-end stuff. Right now I'm using a Nikon F90X, but I just picked up an F100 this week and can't wait to give it a test drive.

Some shots taken so far, apologies for my lack of creativity and composition.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Fuwen, why havn't you bought yourself a leica? You're such a film and rangefinder type of guy that I would have thought you would have at least an M3 or M6 by now. Of course if we strike toto then can get the MP ya? I'm still waiting - to strike toto kekeke.

First, I cannot afford Leica.

And I have been using Zeiss all along so I will stick to Zeiss. And for M body I am very happy with the Cosina origin voigtlander Rollei 35RF and R4M. I prefer metallic focal plane shutter with top speed at 1/2000. If not because I bought the 35RF and the R4M first I will definitely buy the Zeiss Ikon.

Where is that shop BTW, TT looks nice. What is it (Brinkmann) with a Benz cart?

Raindrop Audio at East Coast Rd, turntable is an Ayon with unknown cart. Don't think it's a Benz.

I went mad last saturday and started stockpiling Kodak Tri-X 400 when I heard that film prices would go up due to silver prices. Also ordered 10 rolls of the new Kodak Portra 400 from B&H that SG still hasn't brought in yet. Looks like I'm set for a few months.

Have not touch film for a long time. Where to find film stock and also where to process them? Still got two film cameras and lenses.

Have not touch film for a long time. Where to find film stock and also where to process them? Still got two film cameras and lenses.

For me for a period of time I got my colleague who went Japan often to get the Ektar films. Now I settle with getting the locally available VC160/VC400 from Ruby or Cathay at Pennisular. For Kodak Gold or Fuji, I see many photo developing shops still selling them.

As for C41 film processing, many shops not able to develope anymore. For my case the shop I frequent has a group of 3 shops and only one of them able to develope the negatives. So the shop I go will collect my negative and send to the shop with the machine to develop. The prints however is done at the shop I send in the negatives. Anyway think no more optical printing machines now already, all are using film scanner to get the negatives printed.

Anyway think no more optical printing machines now already, all are using film scanner to get the negatives printed.

Ouch. Indeed times have changed. Used to be the automatic machines to process and print the films were all over the island. Hmmm.... I am feeling old. :no:

fuwen,

suggest you shoot in color reversal film and scan it in. Or shoot in negative and scan it in. Frankly the real love for me is B&W, I remember the days of spending time in a darkroom developing the film and printing the contact print. Then deciding which frame is good enough for enlargement and choose the type of printing paper. I loved fiber based paper but these days any B&W paper will do.

heady,

like vinyl the film guys are a die hard bunch. You'll be surprised to know that brand new firm cameras are still being sold these days (rangefinder types). Cosina makes Voigtlander, Zeiss while Leica makes the M7 and MP. Far from dead.

Kchew - I actually like the shot. The skateboard shot. Pool shot is nice too. Haiz don't stockpile lah. The shot with the guys back has absolutely zero artistic merit whatsoever kekekeke :-)

Ah, Cosina. My first SLR camera was a Cosina. Memorable because the shutter button dropped off after a couple of years. Found it was glued on and the glue dried up. :-))

Edited by heady