fishball79

Fishball's BALLS OF STEEL

My CDP is sh!t heavy so a spoon or metal plate will be required. Still need to source the fishballs... ohmy.gif I mean ball bearings.

I managed to clear the area around the CDP in anticipation of the coin tweak so it's a bonus kill 2 birds with one stone. Initially I thought moving the DAC away caused a huge opening up of air in the sound. Then I realised I swapped cables to the DNMs. Although there is a major feeling of less constrained sound. Predominantly this set up is fairly bright with rock & detailed music so I'm expecting at least some change for better or worse. Just need to get a more rigid support for the CDP... oh Mat, you remember that Roxan table you had lying around gathering dust...? wink.gif

Mackie,

You mean Balls Of Steel? Well fi i told you, your own experience would be biased and nulled sleep.gif

Haha.......true true...... but I think I have already undergone this stage in my life. In fact, it takes quite a lot to prompt me into new experiments once I've settled down with my system. As yet, only 3 things moved me recently.....OCOS, Behringer and Goldmund cones yeah.gif

I wonder if the improvement is as spell-binding as the Goldmund cones currently in use.

However, I may do a set for the cdp in my headphone setup though. It's currently sitting atop BDR 4s.

Mackie,

My experience with commercial tweaks is very limited so I won't know if its any better than the BDRs or goldmunds... Balls of Steel is a poor man's Darumas... I'll let uknow what i think in email laugh.gif

N@Z,

Yeah nice cdp, the marantz... also using TDA1541 DA, similar to mine in the Teac... nearly bought one too! Weight won't be problem for ceramic or plastic plates...