fishball79

Fishball's BALLS OF STEEL

But if in the first place the equipment is not on proper stands wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

Yes, having solid stands for speakers and rack for equipment are of the utmost importance...both for isolation and grounding purposes. If any of it or even the platform where the gear sits on is less ideal, different methods of coupling/isolation methods are employed to counter any detrimental effects from mechanical energy.

Sipher....it's a learning curve and a rather steep one, so take your time. Let your ears decide as all theories will become moot if they do not yield any returns. headphone.gif

i'm still learning..

maybe u can demostrate to me the benefits of the tweaks when i go over to your house this sat headphone.gif

Sipher....it's a learning curve and a rather steep one, so take your time. Let your ears decide as all theories will become moot if they do not yield any returns. headphone.gif

Amen! innocent.gif

i'm afraid i can only come in the afternoon coz i book out at 12noon.

have to go home n get my stuff too smile.gif

Just reiterating what Mackie said. I myself am still learning too.

Ok Mackie covers alot in his thread so i'll just describe what Balls Of Steel does in relation to his explanation

What the blu tac mainly does is to keep the spoons still so the bearings would be allowed to move. However, it WILL dampen vibrations slightly. I wouldn't use dampening materials between component and shelving save equipment that are really subjected to heavy vibrations, ie loudspeakers, the very source of the vibrations.

For blutac under loudspeakers, it ISN'T dampening in the normal sense as you are altering the way the drivers are reacting to the enclosure. Electronic decks are 'stiff' in the loosest sense in that there isn't any part of it designed to emit vibration.

Bearings are allowed to move freely within the spoons. Vibrations passing through a normal equipment would be 'earth' at the feet that is between component n shelf. But not before the innings are 'shaken' slightly.

Electrons has mass. Sound pressure and vibrations thus affects them. Period.

What the bearings does is to lessen the vibes a components the innings suffer from. When the vibes hits innings, the bearings will allow the equipment to be pushed about verrrrrrrrrrrry slightly.

Another main benefit is that only 3 points of the chassis come into contact with the shelf. Thus reducing any vibes to transfer from air/ground up thru rack/shelf to component.

Most importantly I tried and it works. The most ideal isolation would be a seperate room... and a very powerful remote... maybe a kid to help change cd laugh.gif

The most ideal isolation would be a seperate room... and a very powerful remote... maybe a kid to help change cd laugh.gif

Hahahaha...... I heard a similar thing about the best isolation method for turntable......drill a hole to the adjacent room and have a long tonearm cable to connect the TT and system in separate rooms!

Fishball,

Seriously, what are your findings with this footer tweak? I'm very interested to know. yes.gif